Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Any signings made now, by Bruce, would suggest he'll have a substantial amount of time left to 'turn things around. No thanks

I think in snodgrass case if we got him on loan he'd be an asset to whoever is in charge .

• Like 1

Gallagher would be a good loan signing and even if Bruce is sacked I would much rather have Gallagher as an option for the new manager coming in than see him go elsewhere.

Bamford at Boro might be another alternative as he isn't first choice at Boro and can link play?

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

I think in snodgrass case if we got him on loan he'd be an asset to whoever is in charge .

Snodgrass (loan only plz) would be ideal.  Not too fussed about getting anyone else really.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

They need confidence, coaching, encouraging to get on and ahead of the ball, to commit bodies to attack, to have belief they can destroy some of the poxy sides in this league. They need to embrace the size of the club not be beaten by it as they are by Bruce.

It doesn't matter who we sign, they aren't going to solve the problem because the problem is on the sidelines and out on BMH every day.

The Steve Bruce approach to management is when you are struggling to score goals you sign a striker. If that doesn't work sign another one. Repeat ad nauseum until it works or you get sacked. Working on your style of play, creativity, supply, wingers or "tactics" is just pure witchcraft.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

What is the point is signing another striker? We've spent over £30m on them since we got relegated but we don't create any chances.

This despite spending plenty on midfielders.

Adding any more players under Bruce is in my view akin to sprinkling glitter on a turd.

We have sufficient players, adding more isn't going to change anything. They need confidence, coaching, encouraging to get on and ahead of the ball, to commit bodies to attack, to have belief they can destroy some of the poxy sides in this league. They need to embrace the size of the club not be beaten by it as they are by Bruce.

It doesn't matter who we sign, they aren't going to solve the problem because the problem is on the sidelines and out on BMH every day.

If anything it's the manager who can't handle the size of the club, and that in itself is probably filtering down to the players. Let's be honest, Bruce has always been small time, he's biggest success has been at small clubs like Blues, Hull and Wigan. The only time he has managed a remotely 'big' club is Sunderland, and that didn't go well at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

I've not heard Bruce confirm a rumour and then us not get the player so I am hopeful that Gallagher will get across the line.

Snodgrass or Ryan Kent for the wing and we're set.

Agreed they'd be good signings but I wouldn't exactly say we're set. We could sign Dale Alli and I'm sure Bruce could find a way to under utilise him. Knowing Bruce he'll sign Gallagher and Snodgrass then leave them on the bench.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Agreed they'd be good signings but I wouldn't exactly say we're set. We could sign Dale Alli and I'm sure Bruce could find a way to under utilise him. Knowing Bruce he'll sign Gallagher and Snodgrass then leave them on the bench.

Would prefer Dale Winton

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Any signings made now, by Bruce, would suggest he'll have a substantial amount of time left to 'turn things around. No thanks

Not necessarily, especially if they are loans.

The board have to be prepared for any eventuality regardless of situation.

For instance if he wins the next 2, it would be harder for them to pull the trigger.

However he could "easily" win the next 2, keeping him in position until the transfer window shuts, and then get back to being tripe.

In this case, if there were to be a new manager, the team still needs to be the strongest/most balanced possible.

He could also, go on a winning streak, turn it around and it's happy days all round. (I'm not confident of this happening).

The club have to be prepared with or without him.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, striker said:

Gallagher would be a good loan signing and even if Bruce is sacked I would much rather have Gallagher as an option for the new manager coming in than see him go elsewhere.

Bamford at Boro might be another alternative as he isn't first choice at Boro and can link play?

Link play you say ?

Do you mean he can kick it REALLY far ?:)

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

He could easily switch flanks if needed, but sure. 

"I was also asked to play on the left to fill the gap vacated by Dmitri Payet but it's never been my position. I've scored nearly a hundred goals as a mainly right-sided player and I've said to the manager that's where I think I'm most effective."

I can't see him dropping a division to play on the left.

34 minutes ago, poitier said:

"I was also asked to play on the left to fill the gap vacated by Dmitri Payet but it's never been my position. I've scored nearly a hundred goals as a mainly right-sided player and I've said to the manager that's where I think I'm most effective."

I can't see him dropping a division to play on the left.

Simple. Sign Snodgrass, play Elmo right back, whilst having Bree, Hutton and De Laet on the bench. Bruce logic. 

• Haha 2