Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce: No truth in Colback (thank god)

Whaaaaaaaatttttttt????? But I already lost my sh*t about that and now you are telling me it was never real!?? Oh why do I do this!!!

This will sound so small time and I hate the fact that im writing it but....

Bruce should get someone to compile some Brentford videos and watch them to see exactly how they got such devastating form out of Hogan and set us up accordingly. Build the team around him.  As far as I can see he is our only plausible hope at the moment and we seem to have a ready made replacements in RHM/Gabby when he is injured or tired.

I watch his youtube video highlights and its surely no coincidence virtually all his good goals come from chances made along the floor through the middle

We dont need to keep throwing money at this bloody squad, we need to learn how to  utilize what we have got.

Edited by mattjpa
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Get Dean Smith in and watch Hogan transform along with was it Hourihane?

We might need Paul Heckingbottom in from Barnsley to get the best out of Conor along with James Bree but I'm sure Dean Smith along with others would fancy their chances of getting the best out of these and other players should the opportunity arise for them to do so. 

Edited by John
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nigel said:

errr....Hogan is crocked...again!

Getting the most out of him is not the immediate problem!

Bruce says hogan may be fit tomoro , I see Sunderland have declared an interest in snodgrass on loan - surely he's the type of loan we need to look at .

We could waste another 150 mill on strikers and still not score anywhere near enough goals to get out of this division.

The manager is clueless

We have zero creativity anywhere in our side

Edited by AshVilla
  • Haha 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

We could waste another 150 mill on strikers and still not score goals.

The manager is clueless

We have zero creativity anywhere in our side

FWIW I mostly agree with you, apart from the highlighted bit.  We'd still score goals, just not as many as we'd need.. which is probably your point, but still. :)  

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Bruce says hogan may be fit tomoro , I see Sunderland have declared an interest in snodgrass on loan - surely he's the type of loan we need to look at .

The point remains that we cant really rely on him.  

Even if he becomes some goal scoring freak it will only be a matter of time before he breaks again.  Id say another option up front is quite important.

Agree about Snodgrass...think he could do a job here.

im sure anyone we sign will have his talent and will to live drained in 2 games anyways. we might as well get some league 3 players, no point in bollocking up more careers. As many has stated IMO the best thing would be to get rid of bruce for someone who can actually get something out of the talent we have. If the new guy wants to get another player in thats a different story.

31 minutes ago, mattjpa said:

This will sound so small time and I hate the fact that im writing it but....

Bruce should get someone to compile some Brentford videos and watch them to see exactly how they got such devastating form out of Hogan and set us up accordingly. Build the team around him.  As far as I can see he is our only plausible hope at the moment and we seem to have a ready made replacements in RHM/Gabby when he is injured or tired.

I watch his youtube video highlights and its surely no coincidence virtually all his good goals come from chances made along the floor through the middle

We dont need to keep throwing money at this bloody squad, we need to learn how to  utilize what we have got.

It's easier than that. Just ask the player himself. I'm no footballing expert but Brentford do not play a complex game. They move the ball quickly, lots of balls to feet, play the ball wide and know how to pass to each other. In the years I've been watching them (a regular since Rosler's days there), I've never once seen them just lump the ball up from the back.

29 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

I've not heard Bruce confirm a rumour and then us not get the player so I am hopeful that Gallagher will get across the line.

Snodgrass or Ryan Kent for the wing and we're set.

Did Bruce confirm it? That's good if true. I really like the look of him. 

a loan signing for a forward at least makes some sense,  rather than outright purchases, although as said by others, pretty pointless without tactics that allow forwards to shine. Still, if we get the loan, at least it gives us a fresh option to hoof and hope to.