Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Can we sign that Murphy from Norwich.

I thought he was a cut above and looked quality.

Agree totally, problem is his twin brother went to Newcastle for £12m  this summer and Norwich would want the same again I suspect.  Can't see us spending £12m on a player anytime soon, especially this window.  Shame though, looked quality. 

Edited by ferguson1

I've not been massively impressed with Terry. Samba is shot to pieces and Jedinak is not a center half, whatever Bruce says. 

I think we're desperate for another center back. 

4 hours ago, av1 said:

I've not been massively impressed with Terry. Samba is shot to pieces and Jedinak is not a center half, whatever Bruce says. 

I think we're desperate for another center back. 

I don't think Terry has really been bad, but he seems fatigued. He hasn't played week in and week out like this in multiple seasons, but for us he is playing saturday, tuesday, saturday. That has to have an effect. I am really surprised we left go of Baker. Baker-Chester was so solid. 

I thought Murphy looked good this morning too, but looks could be deceptive. Hutton would make a 5 year old look like Messi.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Simple. Sign Snodgrass, play Elmo right back, whilst having Bree, Hutton and De Laet on the bench. Bruce logic. 

Don't be ridiculous.

We'd have to buy another right back :D

I think if we can sign Snodgrass, Gallagher and perhaps a centre back then we'd have by far the strongest squad in the league. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Can we sign that Murphy from Norwich.

I thought he was a cut above and looked quality.

Don't worry we would soon beat the shit out of him if he comes here.

7 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I don't think Terry has really been bad, but he seems fatigued. He hasn't played week in and week out like this in multiple seasons, but for us he is playing saturday, tuesday, saturday. That has to have an effect. I am really surprised we left go of Baker. Baker-Chester was so solid. 

Terry hasn't been 'bad'. but so far hasn't lived up to expectations. Put it this way, Baker wouldn't have done any worse and probably a little better.

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Terry hasn't been 'bad'. but so far hasn't lived up to expectations. Put it this way, Baker wouldn't have done any worse and probably a little better.

Thats how i see it. Samba is shot to pieces so i think we desperate for a CB.

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I think if we can sign Snodgrass, Gallagher and perhaps a centre back then we'd have by far the strongest squad in the league. 

Don't think we need both - I'd take snodgrass ahead of Gallagher.

12 hours ago, AJ said:

I thought Murphy looked good this morning too, but looks could be deceptive. Hutton would make a 5 year old look like Messi.

Even a 5 yr old Messi would've skinned the Scottish Cafu yesterday.

Move along Al, your time has gone.

33 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm assuming Gallagher is a big lad who will hold the ball up and score a few - IF SO - then we must get him in, him and Davis to choose from for that role would be excellent squad depth. 

He is indeed and yes that's exactly what we need.  Davis showed yesterday that we've missed that type of player - and whilst it was a good display from him, we can't rely on just him to do that for another 40 games this season.

Snodgrass i'm not bothered about.  Coming off some poor form plus he looks slow, would prefer a more pacey winger instead.

• Like 2