Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

8 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

People seriously turning their nose up at Wilshere? Are you forgetting what level we're at? He'd be an absolutely fantastic player at this level.

What makes you think that when he hasn't been fantastic anywhere else in a very long time if ever?

2 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

Snodgrass and Gallagher on loan would be tremendous!! 

Ahem, you have clearly forgotten to disclaim this with 'but what is the ferkin point with Bruce as manager'. It is compulsory don't cha know. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Snodgrass is a fairly creative player, Gallagher is a little unproven though isn't he? Scored 11 in 42 for Blackburn which is hardly amazing. Roughly 1 goal in 4 is about where Hogan's stats are aren't they? But I don't know much about him as a player.

Edited by alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Ahem, you have clearly forgotten to disclaim this with 'but what is the ferkin point with Bruce as manager'. It is compulsory don't cha know. 

I'm past that. We need these two positions sorting whoever is in charge and I would hope the signings and ratified with the board. 

Whether Bruce stays or goes we need to get behind the team and hope for a win in every game! 

• Like 2

What's with the Snodgrass love? Question marks have to be asked why he's being bombed out 6months after signing for WHU. He's past his prime on a downward spiral on big wages... yet some are clamouring for him as he is the missing piece of the jigsaw. I don't understand 

Im sick of signing shit uninspiring players. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

What's the point of Colback coming in?

we already have jedinak, whelan, lansbury, hourihane, lyden et al who compete for the two spots

we need attacking midfield options - would rather we go for Snodgrass on loan.

Jedinak was good last season but is getting old, Lansbury, Whelan, Hourihane are piss poor and Lyden is an unknown quantity. We are very very weak in midfield 

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

Jedinak was good last season but is getting old, Lansbury, Whelan, Hourihane are piss poor and Lyden is an unknown quantity. We are very very weak in midfield 

Hourihane and Lansbury are the opposite of poor and Whelan was a premier league regular last season.

Also people saying Snodgrass is no good, he single handedly carried Hull 8 months ago in the premier league. A very good player at this level. 

7 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Hourihane and Lansbury are the opposite of poor and Whelan was a premier league regular last season.

Also people saying Snodgrass is no good, he single handedly carried Hull 8 months ago in the premier league. A very good player at this level. 

Stats would tell a different story.... there's a reason that none of them are playing in the premier league. They are either not good enough or past it. Sad but true.... Snodgrass had a fantastic purple patch of form no denying.... it wasnt sustainable and he's been found out as being mediocre with glimpses of brilliance which will become fewer & fewer imho. 

Edited by thabucks

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

What's with the Snodgrass love? Question marks have to be asked why he's being bombed out 6months after signing for WHU. He's past his prime on a downward spiral on big wages... yet some are clamouring for him as he is the missing piece of the jigsaw. I don't understand 

Im sick of signing shit uninspiring players. 

He did get 7 goals and 5 assists last season most of them before the move

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Snodgrass is a fairly creative player, Gallagher is a little unproven though isn't he? Scored 11 in 42 for Blackburn which is hardly amazing. Roughly 1 goal in 4 is about where Hogan's stats are aren't they? But I don't know much about him as a player.

Gallagher looked good against us last season and is a threat in the air. He will get goals 11 for Blackburn last season was pretty good when you look at where they ended up and we are in desperate need of a striker.  

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Gallagher would be a good signing but it would indicate the style of play we will be using. He looks decent in the air but from the little I saw of him he seemed to have attributes above just being a guy to lump it to. 

This would also be an admission of failure on the panic purchase of Scott Hogan. 

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Gallagher would be a good signing but it would indicate the style of play we will be using. He looks decent in the air but from the little I saw of him he seemed to have attributes above just being a guy to lump it to. 

This would also be an admission of failure on the panic purchase of Scott Hogan. 

I think it might help Hogan as it would give him a big target man to play alongside and feed off who from what I have seen of him could hold the ball up well enough to make him reasonably effective for us.