Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

What's the point of Colback coming in?

we already have jedinak, whelan, lansbury, hourihane, lyden et al who compete for the two spots

we need attacking midfield options - would rather we go for Snodgrass on loan.

29 minutes ago, tom221186 said:

Snodgrass has been made available by West Ham for transfer or loan.

Might be worth a shout on loan for the season 

Bruce has to try get him on loan. Its as simple as that 

I see absolutely nothing Colback can do that someone like Lyden can't do. Lyden actually will have a desire to break through and play with heart. I'd much rather see us give Lyden a try than sign another midfielder who is presumably on much much higher wages than Lyden. 

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I see absolutely nothing Colback can do that someone like Lyden can't do. Lyden actually will have a desire to break through and play with heart. I'd much rather see us give Lyden a try than sign another midfielder who is presumably on much much higher wages than Lyden. 

As much as I like Lyden, Colback is a much better player in my opinion 

I cannot stand Jack Colback, he has been pants for years. He will be the next player stuck in our "bomb squad" next season. Do we really need to sign more central midfielders ? Bruce has already bought Whelan, Onomah, Lansbury, Hourihane, whilst Bjarnason has played a lot as central midfielder too. This is just ridicules, the man is clueless. 

To anyone who dares, I recommend you go to newcastle forums and read what they think of him, they hate him. 

Edited by Chicken Field

We do need to make signings now, regardless of who the manager is. This is where we have to rely on the football board to ensure that the incoming players are beneficial to the club regardless of who the manager is. 

That said we definitely should not sign any more central midfield players. We need some attacking midfield players, who can attack with pace and guile. We also need a number 9 who can play with his back to goal and bring the others into play. Sign these 2/3 players and we are set for the season if Bruce stays or goes.

No matter what happens we must win our next two league games. We need to get together and support the team.

4 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

pxVMAbL.jpg

Look at wilsheres career stats. Does nothing at all in any area. One of the biggest myths in English football. Awful player who is a total nothing

35 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

We need a target man and a winger. No more central midfielders please. 

Definitely need a striker. We only have kodjia on the books 

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

What's the point of Colback coming in?

we already have jedinak, whelan, lansbury, hourihane, lyden et al who compete for the two spots

we need attacking midfield options - would rather we go for Snodgrass on loan.

Don't forget Onomah :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

We do need to make signings now, regardless of who the manager is. This is where we have to rely on the football board to ensure that the incoming players are beneficial to the club regardless of who the manager is. 

That said we definitely should not sign any more central midfield players. We need some attacking midfield players, who can attack with pace and guile. We also need a number 9 who can play with his back to goal and bring the others into play. Sign these 2/3 players and we are set for the season if Bruce stays or goes.

No matter what happens we must win our next two league games. We need to get together and support the team.

Not the fans  that are the problem though - in fact the fans have been far better than Bruce or the team deserve !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

As much as I like Lyden, Colback is a much better player in my opinion 

Interesting. Colback isn't exactly rated highly at any of the clubs he has played for. I still think I'd rather take a risk with Lyden instead of signing yet another midfielder when we have pressing needs such as a back up target man when Kodjia gets hurt/needs resting, and a back up left back for Taylor since he has played every minute so far. 

I just don't see where Colback would fit in with Jedinak, Whelan, and Lansbury as CM options. I literally have zero idea what Bruce is trying to do in this transfer window. You need to be able to defend in this league but if you struggle to create chances you're buggered. Don't remember Newcastle, Brighton or Huddersfield trying to sneak a goal then cling on for dear life last season. Teams don't fear us and signing Colback will not change that.

Image result for ginger guy from benidorm