Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I wouldn't be totally unhappy with JT taking over from Steve Bruce when things go bad, he doesn't seem completely thick, has the ego for management and would have picked up a lot from working under some of the best managers in the world. Not a novice either given his Chelsea stints.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Also found this about Amavi: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/aston-villa/transfer-talk/news/report-villa-decline-sevilla-bid-for-amavi_301721.html

So it would seem Marseille were the "25 million" pound club?

That looks like a hybrid of two stories.   Marseille were (perhaps still are) interested.  But as a loan deal only.  The £25 million offer was from China. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Cissokho almost gone - never rated him but didn't dislike him either. 

just Richards, gabby, elphick, veretout, amavi and Gil to go! 

Same here, never rated him but ive always liked him for some reason.

• Like 1

I'm not worried about the age experience, but I hope that this is being blended with other fresher, younger signings. The squad needs a mix and if we are going all in on experience it would be a mistake in my opinion. The squad is already lacking in any kind of pace and power. It's really only Kodjia, Adomah and Green who have the speed to go past a player using pace and I wouldn't say Adomah is particularly fast. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I'm not worried about the age experience, but I hope that this is being blended with other fresher, younger signings. The squad needs a mix and if we are going all in on experience it would be a mistake in my opinion. The squad is already lacking in any kind of pace and power. It's really only Kodjia, Adomah and Green who have the speed to go past a player using pace and I wouldn't say Adomah is particularly fast. 

Certainly agree that we seemed very lacking in pace and power last season.................I wouldn't be overly bothered whether they were young or not but its a major weakness that needs fixing in the side for me.

• Like 1