Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There is a worrying lack of concrete (not Ron) links so far. 

Pretty season training has started, are we going to have our signings miss pre season? 

Terry aside there's not been much. 

If we have sell to buy there is a worrying lack of concrete links for players out either! 

This is so cute sidcow! Do all our players run round in little dresses for this?

• Like 1

According to this source (which is probs nonsense) we're favourites to sign Hart. I wouldn't be averse to it as I think he's good enough (not as good as the media made him out to be though), but I would believe it when I see it! 

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

According to this source (which is probs nonsense) we're favourites to sign Hart. I wouldn't be averse to it as I think he's good enough (not as good as the media made him out to be though), but I would believe it when I see it! 

Yeah right no chance on hell. He can have offers at a much higher level.

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah right no chance on hell. He can have offers at a much higher level.

I agree, no chance really. But Terry must've had offers from PL too... it would be a coup if it happened though.

49 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

It's incredibly misleading click bait. It's saying we're the favourites out of the Championship clubs. Not favourites overall (which is West Ham). 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ginko said:

Joe Hart is not going to play in the Championship.

I don't care if he's been a bit naff whilst out on loan, he's still a quality keeper and a number of Premier League teams would love to sign him, as well as a number of top foreign teams too, I'd wager.

Problem is his wages, the REAL top tier clubs already have their keepers, and the clubs under them are hesitant to pay them.

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I agree, no chance really. But Terry must've had offers from PL too... it would be a coup if it happened though.

Main difference is Joe Harts not at the end of his career. He can still play at premier level. Doubt Terry could. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Main difference is Joe Harts not at the end of his career. He can still play at premier level. Doubt Terry could. 

Wrong. Terry had offers from prem clubs, apparently. 

One odd link to me that keeps popping up is Elmohamady.

Seriously how many FBs do we have on our books still (had completely forgotten about Cissokho aswell and thought he was out of contract in any case but clearly the Lerner charity gave him a 4 year deal :rolleyes:)and we add another bog standard one to the squad.

Sort of lazy signing that would turn me against Steve Bruce tbh.

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I have a sneaky feeling glenn wheelan if he signs could be the one to transform us. Been needing an older head in that midfield for a loooooong time. 

Jedinak not old enough at 33 (next month)? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yep, I agree, totally different points in their career.

Joe Hart is still currently England No.1 coming into a World Cup season - there's no way he would drop down to the Championship.

Hart will find himself a first team spot in a top level league, be it in the Premier League or abroad again.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Wrong. Terry had offers from prem clubs, apparently. 

Of course he did. I'm saying Terry probably felt dropping down a level was better for him. Joe Hart will feel be can still play every week for a top club

How many championship players have made an England tournament squad ??? There's your answer in regards to our chances of signing Hart. 

Though I guess we will technically be a Prem team when the WC kicks off ;):) 

seriously the only way we could have to sign Hart if he is still stuck at Citeh 7pm transfer deadline day and his only option is us or being left out of Citehs squad for the season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

How many championship players have made an England tournament squad ??? There's your answer in regards to our chances of signing Hart. 

Can only think of Merson when he bizarrely joined Middlesbrough in his prime.

• Like 1