Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Jedinak not old enough at 33 (next month)? 

Yeah totally forgot about Jedi. I suppose in an ideal world we get Jedi whealan alternating when each is injured.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

One odd link to me that keeps popping up is Elmohamady.

Seriously how many FBs do we have on our books still (had completely forgotten about Cissokho aswell and thought he was out of contract in any case but clearly the Lerner charity gave him a 4 year deal :rolleyes:)and we add another bog standard one to the squad.

Sort of lazy signing that would turn me against Steve Bruce tbh.

I think it's an easy link for the media to say a story he's played under Bruce many times. Can't see it happening as like you say we have far too many fbs aleadyalready

From a Terry article, nothing groundbreaking but first time i've seen Walters linked. Oh, and seems Johnstone is still on the agenda.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/02/john-terry-decides-join-aston-villa-will-sign-imminently/

Villa are also working on other signings and will have further talks with Manchester United this week over a potential deal for goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.

Stoke's Jon Walters and Glenn Whelan are also on Bruce's list of targets as he bids to assemble a squad capable of promotion from the Championship.

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Walters would be a decent signing and fairly cheap at his age .

Also found this about Amavi: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/aston-villa/transfer-talk/news/report-villa-decline-sevilla-bid-for-amavi_301721.html

Atletico Madrid, Napoli, Paris Saint-Germain and AS Monaco have all been touted as possible destinations for Amavi, while owner Tony Xia claimed in January that Marseille had made a £25m approach.

So it would seem Marseille were the "25 million" pound club?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a high risk strategy collecting all these old timers for their last hurrah. Terry, Whelan and Walters would give us a real dad's army feel. I do hope it works.

I am all for it, if they can do the job that some of our current squad cant.

#Dadsforduds

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a high risk strategy collecting all these old timers for their last hurrah. Terry, Whelan and Walters would give us a real dad's army feel. I do hope it works.

A lot will come down to their attitudes and whether they stay fit. If they still have the hunger, desire and fitness then they add a lot of Match craft to our squad. That is something we have lacked since the days of Barry, Petrov and Milner.

Just now, AJ said:

I am all for it, if they can do the job that some of our current squad cant.

#Dadsforduds

I think that's the whole idea, a lot of the players here proved beyond a shadow of doubt that the club is too big for them and we lacked the true Premier League experienced players who could not only command instant respect amongst their team mates but pass on their wisdom, calm them down and give them a kick up the arse when required. JT will surely bring those qualities. We need players big enough to cope with everything a club of this stature brings upon them so i'm all for them coming in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I worry that we find ourselves in January not where we want to be - and the next manager has to start again from scratch. 

It makes stability difficult over more than one season.

Any new manager has to start from scratch, we just have to hope Bruce can make it work

So far the in's and out's are looking to be upgrades on the in's... let's just hope this trend makes it through and continues.

I'm not sure its entirely true that someone else would have to start 'from scratch' , The base of the squad is pretty well formed and fit for purpose as a promotion challenging side , and we are just seeing players added who bring depth and experience , any new manager will want to add 3-5 players anyway so the fact that these players wont be still kicking about on long contracts could be a good thing.