Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

If we need another centre half, what about Aden Flint?  Snatch him before he moves to the unwashed and piss Arry right off too :D.  

Not too fussed by Snodgrass, but Gallagher could prove useful to us surely. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If we need another centre half, what about Aden Flint?  Snatch him before he moves to the unwashed and piss Arry right off too :D.  

But could he provide the spark we need? I think so. 

55 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think Bristol City want about £7/8 million for Flint, i don't think we've got that kind of money at the moment.

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'm assuming Gallagher is a big lad who will hold the ball up and score a few - IF SO - then we must get him in, him and Davis to choose from for that role would be excellent squad depth. 

Bruce mail are saying saints have major reservations of letting him join us on loan due to game time. I must admit I see their point. Once Koenig is back between him and the emergence of Davis can't see him being first or second choice

Another right back linked this time a 17 year old Cambridge player:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-rumour-young-13495188

Aston Villa are reportedly among a clutch of clubs keeping tabs on Cambridge United defender Leon Davies.

Premier League clubs Everton, Brighton and Newcastle are also said to be interested in the 17-year-old right-back.

But the League Two club's chief executive Jez George insists there have been no enquiries about Davies.

“The situation is he’s a 17-year-old playing in the Football League and big clubs will be aware of him, that’s their job to do that," George told the Cambridge News .

“There’s inevitable speculation and it happens quicker than ever before in football.

“It’s something that will happen more often as a consequence of having good young players who are coming through our system.

“All Leon needs to worry about doing is keep working hard and he knows how much he has to do to develop and we’ve given him the opportunity to do that.”

Davies has made 11 first-team appearances since making his debut in last August’s 1-0 win at Shrewsbury in the Checkatrade Trophy at the age of just 16

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Birmingham Mail also saying Gallagher has chosen Blues over us for a loan move :wacko: weirdo. 

Its because he wont get much game time here with the  emergence of Davis and Kodjia returning soon , at Blosers he will be their star player. He will be  a good signing for them, but crazy he chose them over Derby

Too be honest i would rather give Davis more time than play Gallagher who will only be a one season deal as Saints have no plans to sell. Develop our own. Would rather try get Snodgrass in on loan as we need someone like that more than a striker. I also think Hourihane in an attacking role is another option 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Birmingham Mail also saying Gallagher has chosen Blues over us for a loan move :wacko: weirdo. 

I would guess that it is Southampton that have chosen Small Heath rather than Gallagher himself because he would face less competition for a starting place (if any at all) with them. If I was Gallagher I would tell them that I had been hoping to join a proper football club rather than the likes of them. It will be a pity if he ends up there or come to think of it anywhere other than Villa Park this season in my opinion. 

Josh Murphy showed us the kind of left wing threat that is very difficult to play against on Saturday. His twin brother Jacob recently moved to Newcastle and offers the same kind of threat only on the right wing. Fredericks at Fulham tore us a new one last season, and is a really rapid right wing back. Malone, who was left wing back for Fulham before moving to Huddersfield recently, also ripped us apart with his pace and guile

I know that FFP probably precludes attempts by Villa to get these sort of players, but it's an indication of the way forward with the type of football "modern" managers like Jokanovic and Wagner are looking to play. 

Pity we couldn't try and bid for Josh Murphy obviously as someone else said earlier in thread his twin brother Jacob went to Newcastle for £12.5mil and Norwich turned down £4mil from Middlesbrough for Josh and will no doubt want around same as what they sold Jacob for even though Jacob is the much more talented one out of the two brothers so far to date. But Josh started show what he can do this season but will probably end up at Newcastle as well.

Edited by Villan4Life