Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

With parachute payments and the sale of amavi and potentially Sanchez, Gil, Cissokho and Veretout. 

I think I'll be very disappointed if our business is just Terry, Johnstone, Elhomady and Whelan. 

Surely we could afford to buy one real quality player this summer.

• Like 3

I understand the need to sell Amavi to get some funds, but if we waste all that money on Whelan, Elmohamady and Johnstone then I think we have gone backwards

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I understand the need to sell Amavi to get some funds, but if we waste all that money on Whelan, Elmohamady and Johnstone then I think we have gone backwards

It's not to get funds really. I mean yeah it helps, but once his head was turned by that £25 million bid last season he stopped playing. We either got rid now or let him devalue even more. 

6 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Life for a Villa fan....this players shit that players crap the other players too old....

We all have opinions but really none of these players who are supposed to be crap would have had careers in the premier league if they were actually as bad as some on this site make out.

i have an idea let's first see if they sign for Villa,then (even more radical this one) watch how the play for us and then form a more informed opinion ✌️

Haha.....just thinking the same.

however,Whelan will be a good signing.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Daweii said:

I assume nothing as I get the feeling no club has ever done it before. Could be a very interesting way to break even on every purchase we make. The books would certainly look interesting.. "So you spent £10 million and received £10 million from 'Recon' on the same day" I guess as long as it's not breaking any rules it's a creative enough way around FFP I suppose..

It would be considered a related party transaction and against the rules. 

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

There are plenty of way's to get around FFP. If you own a football club and want to invest into it then you can, FFP won't be able to stop you. Eithad's sponsorship of Man City is a good example of one simple way you can circumvent FFP by overpaying for sponsorship deals.

'Simple' if you are owned by an extremely rich owner whose family have assets to the total value of trillions and also have a huge complex network of rich family members and associates who can sponsor your stadium through their convoluted business structures. Yeah, simple. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

13 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's not to get funds really. I mean yeah it helps, but once his head was turned by that £25 million bid last season he stopped playing. We either got rid now or let him devalue even more. 

Yep. I was at the Burton game immediately after that story came out. He looked a completely different player to the week before and never played the same again. I'm glad he's leaving.

• Like 1