Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

38 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I wouldn't be so sure, Bruce and Wyness keep signing his praises in any interviews I've watched. They truly believe he is good enough for the premier league - he must be putting in some good performances in training as I haven't seen anything in matches.

Not sure how you can say this? He's had some very good performances in a Villa shirt, trouble is he's also had some average and awful ones to. Towards the end he seemed to have settled. I would prefer a more experienced keeper, but looks like this is the route we are going.

Didnt SJ have the most clean sheets in the Championship this year? He is more than good enough for us now and looks to have the potential to get even better so should be good enough for us in the PL. The biggest sign is for the last 1/4 of the season I've not been worried at all about the keeper position and that's something I've not said for a while. 

The johnstone loan deal is now agreed - details on the johnstone  thread .

He certainly improved as the season ran but I feel we could have done with a more experienced keeper - I really don't rate bunn at all .

11 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Didnt SJ have the most clean sheets in the Championship this year? He is more than good enough for us now and looks to have the potential to get even better so should be good enough for us in the PL. The biggest sign is for the last 1/4 of the season I've not been worried at all about the keeper position and that's something I've not said for a while. 

Nothing to do with his saves.. more to do with a very good defence and Jedinak coming back in. When the shots were peppered on the goals.. he didnt have that many saves. Shots to goals conceded ratio i would love to see. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

news from the doc

edit: unless I'm wrong, that makes 98% so someone seems to be close

Johnstone deal is agreed so maybe he's talking about that .

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

news from the doc

Think he's talking about separate deals bud. One deal 85% done (Elmo?), one deal 99% done (Johnstone?), and 3 deals partly done, only one of which we intend to finalize (Whelan/McArthur/???). Then 6 players we are varying degrees of the way towards selling.

27 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

news from the doc

Whelan + Johnstone + (1 of Elmo + ? + ?). Maybe Whelan/Elmo switch around?

With 6 leaving. 1 likely to leave (Amavi); 3 should be leaving (Gil, Veretout, ?) and 2 potentially (?,?).

It's gone quiet on the loan signing front which is something that Bruce said we would be making good use of. Johnstone is probably one, but I'd still expect 2 more outfield to go with 2 more permanent signings.

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's gone quiet on the loan signing front which is something that Bruce said we would be making good use of. Johnstone is probably one, but I'd still expect 2 more outfield to go with 2 more permanent signings.

So 50% of our signings so far have been loans.

2 hours ago, DoubtGin said:

news from the doc

This was fun last season when we were after some decent players. Its hard to get excited for Dr T emojis speech when the targets are Johnstone, Elmohamady and Whelan   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Those 2 Ds are interesting.. Didier Drogba?

Think he just might have seen the Steve Bruce beach photos.

Guy is pretty big, not sure he's got double D's thou.

• Like 1