Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

maybe if Hull come down we can cherry-pick two or three of theirs? I can imagine Huddlestone being a target for Bruce. What chance of Harry Maguire? I am guessing he would probably be chased by PL clubs though.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Think Jedinak will play much more in defence next season. More logical for most of the home games we'll be playing.

The team had its best run with him in central defense, so I would welcome Jedinak playing there more often next season. If we can get a younger/more durable midfielder to take his place in midfield and shield the back four then that would be ideal. 

10 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

The team had its best run with him in central defense

Jedinak only ever started one game in central defence.  At Wigan on the 18th of March.  Yes he moved back into defence in the previous game against Sheffield Wednesday and looked very assured, prompting the start against Wigan, but I think we're over-stating what the team achieved with him in defence when we call it a 'run' of any description.  It was 1.5 games.

Our good run mainly had him as defensive midfielder.

Starting line-up v Wigan

a7833ac2eec11355d08edffe5cb27d5b.png

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

Jedinak only ever started one game in central defence.  At Wigan on the 18th of March.  Yes he moved back into defence in the previous game against Sheffield Wednesday and looked very assured, prompting the start against Wigan, but I think we're over-stating what the team achieved with him in defence when we call it a 'run' of any description.  It was 1.5 games.

Our good run mainly had him as defensive midfielder.

Starting line-up v Wigan

a7833ac2eec11355d08edffe5cb27d5b.png

4 fullbacks in a team!! That's McLeish stuff!! We need at least 2 CB's as Bruce doesn't like Elphick or Richards. A left sided one is paramount as Chester is loads better right side. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Luke Freeman

Best player on the park when we played QPR.

Do we really need another wide forward*, let alone one from a lower-half Championship side?  Sure, he may well be a decent player - I don't really doubt this - but we're pretty covered there.

* - If this is the ex-Arsenal lad, he used to be a winger/forward.  I actually don't know where he plays now and didn't know he was at Q.P.R. so apologies if wrong!

Just now, bobzy said:

Do we really need another wide forward*, let alone one from a lower-half Championship side?  Sure, he may well be a decent player - I don't really doubt this - but we're pretty covered there.

* - If this is the ex-Arsenal lad, he used to be a winger/forward.  I actually don't know where he plays now and didn't know he was at Q.P.R. so apologies if wrong!

Just googled him and he's listed as a wide forward, but I'm certain he played centrally for QPR at Villa Park, and pretty advanced too.

He was excellent. One of those players that just seemed to keep the ball regardless of the pressure he was under.

To be fair I'll happily admit I'm judging him on one game. But he played very well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VERB27 said:

Wonder if we could tempt Lee Grant. 

34, but did well in Butland's absence. Could give us a coupe of years of solidity while we (hopefully) transition back to the PL.

(put in wrong thread initially) 

Would rather Adrian he is on a free too

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Ritchie Delete, you've never heard of him?

He´s set to return next season right?

Might be a key player for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

He´s set to return next season right?

Might be a key player for us.

We definitely have the space in the squad, but if he's looking for an escape we should shift him on.

• Like 2