17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I think you’re right with all, and what’s more they all won... I think.

Hourihane has won there twice, league 1 play off and Johnson’s Paint Trophy. Elmo won there, Terry won there more than once, Jedi won there, Snoddy won, Grealish and Hutton too... only one I’m not sure about is Taylor at Swansea.

Adomah too surely?

2 hours ago, Dick said:

We've a number of players who have played at Wembley, unless I am wrong with some.

Hutton, Taylor (Swansea?), Elmo (Hull?), Terry, Chester (Hull?), Grealish, Hourihane (league 1 play off?), Jedinak (Palace FA cup final), Snodgrass. Probably more too.

Think Grabban, Adomah and  Johnstone have as well. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think you’re right with all, and what’s more they all won... I think.

Hourihane has won there twice, league 1 play off and Johnson’s Paint Trophy. Elmo won there, Terry won there more than once, Jedi won there, Snoddy won, Grealish and Hutton too... only one I’m not sure about is Taylor at Swansea.

Even if Taylor hasn’t played at Wembley he has played in semi final of European Championships which is as big as it gets for a championship player.

We have a lot of players that have experienced pressure.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TRO said:

I feel less nervous about the final, than the semi final.

The stakes are so high for this game - delight or devastation - this time next week we will feel one or the other - all about what happens on the big occasion and hopefully Fulham May freeze on the big stage whereas we have a side packed with big game experience - I hope and pray the day will go our way .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thejoker said:

I’ve never looked forward to/dreaded a match so much before in my life. It is absolutely massive, and could shape our future for the next 5 to 10 years. I hope all the misery over the past 5/6 years turns in to a massive high next Saturday. ??

That's what i hate about modern football. One 90 minute game of football should not determine whether your future consists of rags or riches. 

I hate everything that the PL represents and yet like everyone I'm desperate to return to it knowing that failing to do so will have a huge bearing on our future. 

2 hours ago, av1 said:

That's what i hate about modern football. One 90 minute game of football should not determine whether your future consists of rags or riches. 

I hate everything that the PL represents and yet like everyone I'm desperate to return to it knowing that failing to do so will have a huge bearing on our future. 

Exactly how I feel. There is part of me that says it's ok if we lose because this past season has been so much fun, and scraping around trying to finish somewhere between 10th & 17th in the PL is going to be boring and frustrating.

But I know what it means to the clubs future and it's finances - we quite literally "cannot afford" to lose.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, av1 said:

It isn't tho, 46 games has determined the outcome of this season and thus the future of AVFC.

Woud you prefer they just gave automatic promotion to the top 3?

1 hour ago, Mr.Messy said:

It isn't tho, 46 games has determined the outcome of this season and thus the future of AVFC.

Woud you prefer they just gave automatic promotion to the top 3?

I personally would yeah. Unless they introduced a play off system for relegation from the premier league too. Seems a bit unfair really.

On 19/05/2018 at 22:41, av1 said:

To be fair, aren't the "Stakes" what add the extra dimension to Football?

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, aren't the "Stakes" what add the extra dimension to Football?

I guess so mate, I'm just not sure the stakes should be so high. This time next week we will either be speculating about signing £20m players, or contemplating going bust.

I hate what football has become.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I personally would yeah. Unless they introduced a play off system for relegation from the premier league too. Seems a bit unfair really.

I always thought that'd be fun actually, but probably far too weighted in the Premier League club's favour. However I envisaged a top two/bottom two being automatically promoted/relegated and then 3rd in Championship play 18th in Premier League (winner takes it all!) up to 6th playing 15th. Four games with the potential of four (6!) new teams in the Premier League a season. 

It if that became a reality I might not like it in the clear light of day but it is still interesting!

• Like 1