17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

4 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

What did i just watch from 71st minute to 95fth ????Is that how team who is against 10 men play? Is that how team play who is losing 1-0? Is that how team play who is fighting for promotion or for something?? They walking they watching in one another no urgency.. I cant believe what did i just watch.

You saw it against Bradford five years ago.

The first goal we conceded at villa park against QPR reminded me of todays game...and their goal, it was amateurish.

The goal was so fundamental, it was annoying.

If you allow that sort of decision making the result is inevitable.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They did 2nd half when they were instructed to. 

Rubbish.....they were still not capable.

too many players, simply didn't turn up.

Edited by TRO

Just now, DCJonah said:

What a shock. 

But from what we was 18 months ago.....we are amazing.

just not good enough for today.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

But from what we was 18 months ago.....we are amazing.

just not good enough for today.

And now with FPP kicking it we are back to square one. Gamble on getting promoted by buying your way out did not work. 

Edited by Alakagom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Alakagom said:

And now with FPP kicking it we are back to square one. Gamble on getting promoted by buying your way out did not work. 

Exactly , at least when the new boss says he has had no funding it won't be steaming pile of bollox .

16 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

No it didn't, but the best laid plans sometimes don't.

we might get a surprise and see some effervescence in our younger players.

Things are looking very bad. To be honest I couldnt see the PL before the match buy I was really hopeful. Poor play and even poor decisions from the manager and the ref. Kodjia should have come earlier.

Anyway lets see how summer would go to know what chance do we have for next season. Only the thought of it is frightenning.

At the end of it going down the experienced route got us close but didn't get us over the finish line which was supposed to be the difference getting so many old heads together.

Not just today but let's remember the team couldn't do anything against QPR or Bolton which cost us a decent chance of second.

We'll have to see what FFP does now but if we have to lose some of the loans so be it.

Worth remembering the winners today flogged us their best player two years ago for 12m and used that to add 2-3 good players like Cairney and Johanasen and improve their overall 11. They also picked up a great loan signing in Mitrovic that gave them a cutting edge upfront they lacked before xmas.

In a way I'm glad now we'll stop trying to spend our way out of this division and will have to build a longer term side.

Was a stupid strategy when you look at likes of Huddersfield, Cardiff and Brighton going up last two years and the budgets they had.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sadken79 said:

Is it wrong that I'm already over it 

No, I’m past it already. Maybe it’s a sign that I expected it, or I’m used to it. Or maybe it’s a sign that Villa/football just doesn’t upset me as much as it once did.

Perhaps in a few months time I’ll look back and think I should have been more unhappy. 

But no, it’s not wrong.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1