17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

I look at squad and think that's strong we can do this,but it's difficult to have faith after the abject failures of the last 5/6 years.

This also has an affect in the media I've just listened to a Talk Sport conversation with Tony Cascarino saying "I don't fancy my old club Villa this year" went on to say he wasn't sure about John Terry and that he thinks we have more "work" to do....

I am hopeful of at least top six though UTV

Definitely a vastly improved squad this year, in all areas, and a year wiser to the championship. Elmo, Whelan, Terry, Chester, Kodjia will be in a championship best 11, then if we are fortunate the likes of hogan, hourihane, adomah will return to form. Throw in the prospects of green and onomah and a returning grealish and all the ingredients are there for winning this thing outright. 

19 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

I look at squad and think that's strong we can do this,but it's difficult to have faith after the abject failures of the last 5/6 years.

This also has an affect in the media I've just listened to a Talk Sport conversation with Tony Cascarino saying "I don't fancy my old club Villa this year" went on to say he wasn't sure about John Terry and that he thinks we have more "work" to do....

Usually though, just go with the opposite to what Talkshite say, so that's fantastic news to me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

Cascarino saying that gives me added hope! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Usually though, just go with the opposite to what Talkshite say, so that's fantastic news to me! 

Yep they will always go out of their way to say what is patently wrong in order to provoke a load of angered people to phone in. 

It would be EXTREMELY concerning if they were tipping us to walk the league this year. 

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Already out of the automatic promotion places. Bruce Out.

Yep, he's clearly not good enough. He should have planned better for those games played before we do. Doesn't know what he's doing.

If we don't get rid of him now there are only going to be more teams ahead of us by 5.00. :D

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Now that would show a statement. I think it's going to be very tight

won't be surprised if ends a draw

Just got a feeling they are really going to embrace the challenge today. I think we'll be right at it from the off. 

One of the main issues last season imo, was we were starting games well, but not taking chances, then allowing the opposition back into the game. 

If we can hit them hard and early, I think we could go on and smash them. It would also be a great statement to make and hopefully raise that confidence level to 'swagger'. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Immediately rendered null and void.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

Just got a feeling they are really going to embrace the challenge today. I think we'll be right at it from the off. 

One of the main issues last season imo, was we were starting games well, but not taking chances, then allowing the opposition back into the game. 

If we can hit them hard and early, I think we could go on and smash them. It would also be a great statement to make and hopefully raise that confidence level to 'swagger'. 

Mate we created so much but scored so little. Let's hope they have learned from last summer as if we take our chances this year we really will give some teams a hammering

• Like 1

Much as 16/17. Loads of chances, none taken first half. Sat back second half til they inevitably scored whilst fans are screaming for Bruce to make a change. Proceed to then mentally collapse for 20 minutes and look like we'll be slaughtered, before a far too late attempt to gain extra points wth hoof ball tactics.

Strong defence that won't let in many goals - exactly like last season

Poor midfield that goes missing under any pressure - exactly like last season

Impotent strikeforce - exactly like last season

Ridiculous, late substitutions - exactly like last season. 

I think you get how I think our promotion chances currently stand. We'll be fighting very hard to get even a Playoff place with our current setup.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Mate we created so much but scored so little. Let's hope they have learned from last summer as if we take our chances this year we really will give some teams a hammering

So, errrrrr, that didn't really go to plan did it? :(

Ahh well, early days.