Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Derby

limpid

Match Polls  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Watch it again he leaned in forehead to forehead in a "wanna fight word removed" kind of way. Absolutely disgraceful. 

What are you disagreeing with then?

The commentator, I was listening to, claimed Bacuna headbutted the linesman. He didn't. So in my original post, I told the commentator to **** off for that specific reason.

Bacuna chest bumped the linesman, got in his face, was rightly sent off and will rightly get a lengthy ban. Which by the way is why I also told him to **** off too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

For all of Derby's possession they didn't create a lot. We sat way to deep, it is only natural when the players are desperate for a win. Bruce didn't instruct them to sit so deep. 

Of course it wasn't pretty and scrappy but the players worked hard and ground out the 3 points yet it's just the same names slagging off players. It's not wrong to want a nicer performance but some almost sound bitter that we came through with a clean sheet and a victory. Sad. 

Hopefully we can use it as a stepping stone and confidence builder. 

That was his plan for the last 25 mins. As soon as Green and Adomah went off for Amavi and Bjarnason the plan was hang on for a 1-0. Those decisions led to Derby being camped in our half the remainder of the game.

Bruce invited them on and with Johnstone in goal that is a recipe for disaster

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Under the circumstances, the stat that matters is this one......

Aston Villa

James Chester  25'
1 - 0
FT
(HT:1-0)

Derby County

Nope, not falling for that again.

Before Christmas crap performances were supposed to be ok because 'it's three points that matters "......but actually the crap performances were what mattered because you won't keep winning if you play garbage football, and 'lo' we ended up in s relegation struggle. 

So no, it is not only three points that matters.

As for performance, I saw good pluses in how we defended- amazing what playing a nice sensible back four does .

I saw Lansbury finally allowed to play his natural end to end game , for an hour anyway. And Green was picked from the off with Adomah, as they clearly should've been previously.

And well done seeing out the win. I'll even forgive the farcical substitutions because whilst I disagreed with them I could see what they were for.

But my God. McLaren has been at Derby the same time Bruce had been here and the gulf in the quality of football was absolutely immense.

If that's what we are going to watch it will be both unwatchable and much more importantly,unreliable.

• Like 3

We spent the last 15 minutes of the game bombing it long to the opposition goalie. No strategy whatsoever. Credit to Johnstone, Baker and Chester for keeping us safe, for all the pressure the midfield invited on them. Was absolutely gobsmacked when the 93rd minute equalizer never arrived.

Mystifying actions from Bacuna too. Had pretty much played himself back into the starting line up and goes and has a massive mind fart.

3 point, though very much needed, only papers over the cracks.

For me the yeam selection and tactics were poor and did little to make use of the talent we have in the squad.

Though i understand the purpose of the subs made i dont understand why he would make that decision. Derby werent creating anything so i dont see the need to drop deeper and invite them on even more. Poor decision for me.

So happy for the last to have the win under their belts. But still see nothing from SB that gives me the feintest impression that he knows what hes doing or has a plan.  Comes across as though hes randomly selecting players half the time.

Im still concerned about relegation and still feel SB is not the man to lead us through this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisVillan said:

Anyone know the attendance?

Can't tell if this comment is ironic or serious*. Please use the "irony" button in future.

*(i.e. The attendance has been given rather a lot of times so far in the tread.) :)

Edited by briny_ear

31 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Nope, not falling for that again.

Before Christmas crap performances were supposed to be ok because 'it's three points that matters "......but actually the crap performances were what mattered because you won't keep winning if you play garbage football, and 'lo' we ended up in s relegation struggle. 

So no, it is not only three points that matters.

As for performance, I saw good pluses in how we defended- amazing what playing a nice sensible back four does .

I saw Lansbury finally allowed to play his natural end to end game , for an hour anyway. And Green was picked from the off with Adomah, as they clearly should've been previously.

And well done seeing out the win. I'll even forgive the farcical substitutions because whilst I disagreed with them I could see what they were for.

But my God. McLaren has been at Derby the same time Bruce had been here and the gulf in the quality of football was absolutely immense.

If that's what we are going to watch it will be both unwatchable and much more importantly,unreliable.

so you are both happy and at the same time unhappy....gotcha

Well that wasnt pretty!

MOTM went to Bacuna.  He will get pelters on here for getting sent off in such a manner but he was everywhere today.

In fact considering we played with 2 wingers the only bit of decent attacking play came from him too.

Real shame he will miss 3 games now; could have nailed down a regular slot with more like that.

In fact the midfield in general was decent...if only the attack was anywhere near as good.

Green needs far more time to develop into a starting role for me.

• Like 2

Â