limpid

Match Polls  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

1 hour ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

We're not going to get promoted this year 

What we can do is go for the best form possible towards the end of the season, and even if we play badly the green W on the score sheet can make all the difference, and if we go into next season with one of the strongest forms in the league then promotion can be very very possible 

This win can be the start of that and all i can ask is for bruce to keep them coming 

The voice of reason - well said mate ;) 

I feel sorry for Derby. One of the most undeserved wins I've ever seen. But, much needed 3 points and hopefully we can get back-to-back wins on Tuesday. Credit to Gardner who halted Derby's momentum by running around like a mad man. 

1 hour ago, Wezbid said:

For all of Derby's possession they didn't create a lot. We sat way to deep, it is only natural when the players are desperate for a win. Bruce didn't instruct them to sit so deep. 

Of course it wasn't pretty and scrappy but the players worked hard and ground out the 3 points yet it's just the same names slagging off players. It's not wrong to want a nicer performance but some almost sound bitter that we came through with a clean sheet and a victory. Sad. 

Hopefully we can use it as a stepping stone and confidence builder. 

Spot on

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

The only difference between that performance and most previous performances was luck. Today we got a spawny goal and escaped a nailed on penalty against us and Derby couldn't <rude word> a cow's arse with a banjo !

Still a poor performance but maybe something will change after winning a game !!!

The difference was we didn't make a horrid defensive bungle, but other than that we were much the same.

Bringing back Baker, Green, Adomah and Bacuna did work to be fair, but it didn't make the performance any better to watch.

I have not seen the game, but judging by the comments and the stats we didn't perform well. But, after the run of form we have had, I will gladly take the ugly win and three points. You need to start somewhere, and hopefully this is the start of a turnaround in our fortunes. Let's hope we build on this, and build some team confidence and understanding over the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Not quite sure how many of the posters slagging off the team were actually at the game but what I saw was Villa grinding out a good result. That is what you have to do in this league and what I saw was much more commitment with the team working hard as a unit for once.

It wasn't pretty but we restricted Debby to one shot on target.....only one. Looking at the stats I am not entirely certain where the shot count for Derby actually came from as they had so very few chances of any sort.

Added to that there were two clear cut chances we fluffed - a great header from Baker from a corner which was parried by their keeper followed by Hutton shooting directly at the keeper then Green hit the post but had he been able to square it there was a tap in for our player. On top of that there were two occasions when had Kodja passed to Adomah and visa versa both would have had lead to real scoring chances.

Yes the substitutions were a bit bizarre but I understood what Bruce was trying to do, put more pace up front as Derby pushed up to chase the game and give a bit more defensive bite. In fact Gardener and Bacuna running at their defenders and the keeper nearly led to another goal. Bruce also had to allow for the fact we play again in three days time and we have one fit striker.

I can't really believe the comments on this thread given we won.

I'm with you Harry, hard working performance and we had the better of the chances! Let's enjoy the win! Blimey we haven't had many.....! It was squeaky bum time at the end but that's the mentality of football for you and the pressure the players and us the fans were feeling inside the ground...

UTV

• Like 1

Quite possibly the worst 1 nil I have ever seen. Dreadful and we were lucky to get the 3 points.  A Mcleish esque type performance. As ever the only player with any quality in our side was Chester who was the MOTM by a country mile. I would be  very surprised if he stays with us next season as it is obvious that he is a top flight footballer.

Derby were the better side and they should have got a penalty. The ref was useless. Bruce will go on to randomly pick a starting XI on Tuesday as Bacuna had a brain fart and got pointlessly sent off just when he was proving himself as a good squad player. 

But- its a win which makes a pleasant change from the last two months. 

Edit- I have only seen that we had 29% possession today. At home. And we had 11 men until the 94th Minute. Jesus wept.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Happy with win, terrible performance. The squad is so imbalanced, we desperately need a number 9 so Kodjia can play wider, and also a Hughes type player who goes past someone in midfield. I thought that Grealish would be that player but.......

the defence would be good enough to get us promoted if we scored goals. If........

ah well, onto Tuesday.

Â