Chris Samba

midian

But surely there a bigger better bastards out there. If we was sign him up and instantly need to throw him into the fold at the minute he would crumble, it isn't about making up the numbers now, we need reliable back up!!! 

17 minutes ago, rda91avfc said:

But surely there a bigger better bastards out there. If we was sign him up and instantly need to throw him into the fold at the minute he would crumble, it isn't about making up the numbers now, we need reliable back up!!! 

Available outside of a transfer window? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Available outside of a transfer window? 

MMMM I suppose, but do we really need him ASAP? We have back up ATM, granted not the best lol.

Just another name on the wage bill.

2 minutes ago, rda91avfc said:

MMMM I suppose, but do we really need him ASAP? We have back up ATM, granted not the best lol.

Just another name on the wage bill.

We don't really have a back-up for Baker. Elphick can cover Chester but he's not a brute and that's what we've not really got outside of Baker. 

I very much doubt that Samba could command much of a wage anyway. 

• Like 1

I just think it would be wise to use the remainder of this season to try and integrate a few of the youth team. we have some good young talent that we will loose if we don't start pulling them through. We are only realistically playing for pride now so why not bring a few young lions up?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, lexicon said:

We don't really have a back-up for Baker. Elphick can cover Chester but he's not a brute and that's what we've not really got outside of Baker. 

I very much doubt that Samba could command much of a wage anyway. 

Elphick covering Chester isn't really cover for Chester to be honest. Elphick is awful

16 minutes ago, KHV said:

Elphick covering Chester isn't really cover for Chester to be honest. Elphick is awful

Bloody shame though, after his first few games I was excited! I thought we finally had a CB that would put his head on the line. turns out he was just a clumsy T@#t :)

20 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The guy is finished. I'd rather we give Toner a few games at the end of the season if we are safe then getting in Samba for six weeks. 

Theres definitely a good argument for this now we are pretty much safe from the unthinkable.

21 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The guy is finished. I'd rather we give Toner a few games at the end of the season if we are safe then getting in Samba for six weeks. 

Whilst i tend to agree there is an argument that says to finish the season really strongly (with automatic promotion form) would enable us to hit the ground running psychologically (team and fans).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, thabucks said:

Bump. This has gone very quiet -would of expected an announcement either way by now. 

I would guess nothing is happening at this moment, and we have parted ways. It was only a trial and Bruce probably didn't think it was worth pursuing. No need to announce someone coming for a trial and not being taken on in my opinion.

52 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I would guess nothing is happening at this moment, and we have parted ways. It was only a trial and Bruce probably didn't think it was worth pursuing. No need to announce someone coming for a trial and not being taken on in my opinion.

Bruce said it wasn't a trial and samba was using the club to get fit while we had a look at him - maybe nothing will come of it but there's no rush to decide anything .

Bruce said: "There’s this notion that he’s on trial. It’s not really a trial as such.He wants to earn a contract and we’ve given him the platform to keep fit. We’ll see what happens over the next two weeks or so."

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2017-03-08/aston-villa-interested-in-signing-christopher-samba/

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Â