Chris Samba

midian

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

At least he's got goals in him! 8 in his last 54 according to Wikipedia.

Gabby's got 7......

Yea great.

Perhaps Bruce is going to play the two of them up front together with Micah just on behind .

Know what ?

The awful awful thing is that if I get there Saturday and he had done that I genuinely wouldn't be the least surprised or shocked.

How bad is that ?

• Like 2

On 31 August 2016, in the last day of the pre-season summer transfer window, Panathinaikos officially announced the capture of Samba who signed an one-season contract with the Greens.[37] On 20 January 2017, Samba's contract was dissolved by mutual consent despite joining the club over the summer, as he has been hit with injuries since the start of the 2016-17 season.[38]

sounds like a worthwhile signing. 

I do not see the issue in taking a look at him.  He might just be able to do a job for us over next 3 months.  Put him on Pay as you Play and see what happens.

Just cause he is on a trial doesnt mean he will actually play BUT he was a good defender as people have said and if being part of training he can pass things on that will help.

Im not a Bruce fan but beating him with a stick for this is madness, I like the fact he is open to try any option rather than being closed minded about things.

Our current coach Colin Calderwood came in as an emergency to cover when Ugo had that eye injury and a defence fell apart.  He wasnt the greatest and at end of his career but he did a job.  Ronnie Johnson helped us for a season.

13 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I do not see the issue in taking a look at him.  He might just be able to do a job for us over next 3 months.  Put him on Pay as you Play and see what happens.

Just cause he is on a trial doesnt mean he will actually play BUT he was a good defender as people have said and if being part of training he can pass things on that will help.

Im not a Bruce fan but beating him with a stick for this is madness, I like the fact he is open to try any option rather than being closed minded about things.

Our current coach Colin Calderwood came in as an emergency to cover when Ugo had that eye injury and a defence fell apart.  He wasnt the greatest and at end of his career but he did a job.  Ronnie Johnson helped us for a season.

Exactly this. From what I've read he's back in the country and wants to get fit, so why not let him train and see what he's got...if anything.

I personally don't think we will sign him, but if we did I'm sure it would be as a pure back up measure. I don't get what everyone's getting so upset about, I really don't.

He was shit 4 years ago. He's not going to have gotten any better. He will come in, play one game, seem alright, get injured, and will have no impact on our season whatsoever other than earning a wage.

If i'm wrong i'll eat my own face. 

• Like 1

On 22/02/2017 at 18:23, AshVilla said:

I wonder if Kanu is still around 

Not Kanu, but I did see that The Yak signed for someone the other week. Still only 34 years old! :D

Edit. It was Coventry City that he signed for.

Edited by NeilS

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Haven't we signed enough players recently?

We have, but I have been consistent in thinking a couple more, such as another big defensive mid, and another large defender could indeed help us.

We should have never NOT had back up/improvement on Jedinak and I feel our team being small has been a problem.

• Like 2

Â