Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Since you’re wanting to be facetious about it, I’d say what he is particularly good at is putting a defence under pressure. Often with closing down, often with runs into channels. 

Sorry, but i think that is wide of the mark.

He does anything but.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/04/2018 at 08:42, DCJonah said:

Grabban showing once again that the style of play and tactics is a weak excuse. 

I agree. I've seen enough of Hogan and for me we need to sell him on the summer without question.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree. I've seen enough of Hogan and for me we need to sell him on the summer without question.

This here is the sheer stupidity of ffp!

We cant afford to let the player go to resurrect his career.

On 22/04/2018 at 08:42, DCJonah said:

Grabban showing once again that the style of play and tactics is a weak excuse. 

Bang on.

2 minutes ago, Nigel said:

This here is the sheer stupidity of ffp!

We cant afford to let the player go to resurrect his career.

Well, his ongoing wages would obviously affect FFP too, so it would really depend on what we could get for him.

If we keep him, say he's on what, £50K a week, that's £2.5m in salary, plus a bit more in employer's NI, say £2.8m.  He's on a 4.5 year contract, so if the fee is £12m, that's amortisation of £2.6m a year, so his expense in the P&L is £5.4m.  If we sell him for say £5m, there'd be a loss of £12m - £3.9m amortisation - £5m = £3.1m.  Obviously that loss is dependent on the fee received, sell him for more and it goes down, but as far as FFP is concerned, I'd say we're probably better off getting shut.  

• Like 3

I think there is always a time period when a player can come good.

i think we have gone past that......I think he is now gradually getting worse.

We need to do a deal.

3 minutes ago, Risso said:

Well, his ongoing wages would obviously affect FFP too, so it would really depend on what we could get for him.

If we keep him, say he's on what, £50K a week, that's £2.5m in salary, plus a bit more in employer's NI, say £2.8m.  He's on a 4.5 year contract, so if the fee is £12m, that's amortisation of £2.6m a year, so his expense in the P&L is £5.4m.  If we sell him for say £5m, there'd be a loss of £12m - £3.9m amortisation - £5m = £3.1m.  Obviously that loss is dependent on the fee received, sell him for more and it goes down, but as far as FFP is concerned, I'd say we're probably better off getting shut.  

It depends on what league we are in.  If we stay here we are going to be too tight to the limit to take on any more costs.

Hogan and McCormack have clearly been a problem in terms of performance return on fee's paid......Their transfer fees have been punitive to us.

other than that our acquitions have been modest.

We have shown we can acquire players with little money spent.

22 minutes ago, Risso said:

Terry is the high earner and he’s on about £60,000 a week isn’t he?

I’d be very surprised if we were paying Hogan £50,000 a week. It’s a guess, but I would say about £30,000 maybe.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

It depends on what league we are in.  If we stay here we are going to be too tight to the limit to take on any more costs.

I think you've misunderstood my post.  If he stays, there are costs.  Wages and amortisation.  If he goes, there will be a loss, but that probably wouldn't be as bad as the amount he costs us on a yearly basis anyway.  All dependent on what he earns and what we'd sell him for of course.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I think there is always a time period when a player can come good.

i think we have gone past that......I think he is now gradually getting worse.

We need to do a deal.

I think you get your wish granted soon - I'm sure he will go back to Griffin Park - watch them fly in again.

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Terry is the high earner and he’s on about £60,000 a week isn’t he?

I’d be very surprised if we were paying Hogan £50,000 a week. It’s a guess, but I would say about £30,000 maybe.

Who knows.  I'd be surprised if a £12m player was on anything less than £40K a week though, even in the Championship.  Presumably his agent would have played the "well, West Ham offered that much" card.  

18 hours ago, Dave J said:

I think you get your wish granted soon - I'm sure he will go back to Griffin Park - watch them fly in again.

Who cares if they did?

He clearly isn't good enough for this club? There is no way people can still possibly blame bruce and our style for Hogan being useless. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Who cares if they did?

He clearly isn't good enough for this club? There is no way people can still possibly blame bruce and our style for Hogan being useless. 

You can blame him totally for the purchase in the first instance - and whose job is it then to integrate a player into the squad/team - sorry Bruce takes his share of culpability in this imo 

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You can blame him totally for the purchase in the first instance - and whose job is it then to integrate a player into the squad/team - sorry Bruce takes his share of culpability in this imo 

Bruce signed someone who isn't very good. The best managers in the world have done this. It happens. 

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Not this shit again

• Like 2

Â