Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not this shit again

It's everybody else's fault. Hogan would actually start for Barcelona because that's the kind of player he is. We just don't play the right way at Aston Villa for him to thrive. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Bruce signed someone who isn't very good. The best managers in the world have done this. It happens. 

Yes and they are every bit as much culpable as Bruce is 

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Yes and they are every bit as much culpable as Bruce is 

Ok. But seems a bit of a pointless thing to point out or hold a grudge over. If you accept it's a common theme amongst managers why does this particular one annoy you so much?

59 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Ok. But seems a bit of a pointless thing to point out or hold a grudge over. If you accept it's a common theme amongst managers why does this particular one annoy you so much?

Who said it annoys me ? - I just don't excuse his role in the signing of Scott Hogan, that's all 

10 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Who said it annoys me ? - I just don't excuse his role in the signing of Scott Hogan, that's all 

Nor does anybody else. 

Edited by Stevo985

On 02/05/2018 at 10:56, Shropshire Lad said:

Terry is the high earner and he’s on about £60,000 a week isn’t he?

I’d be very surprised if we were paying Hogan £50,000 a week. It’s a guess, but I would say about £30,000 maybe.

If I remember correctly we took the punt on him as his wages package came in significantly lower than Jordan Rhodes, so we went with him........

Rhodes would probably have been a better player for us though

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hopefully the last game he ever starts for us. What a monumental waste of money.

I agree. Grabban makes things happen. Hogan has scored what 5 goals in 18 months here. Grabbs has got that in a few months.

Needs to be sold in summer

I don’t think it’s “the way we play” as like others have said Grabban has thrived where Hogan has struggled, I just think Hogan has lost confidence (despite his big talk) and that’s had a knock on effect on his game. We’re a club with a lot of expectancy, and it weighs heavier on some players. 

Sell in the summer and we’ll all get on with our lives. Not all signings work out, some do, who cares.

• Like 2

Guest av1
10 minutes ago, penguin said:

What’s the betting he goes back to Brentford for £5M and bags 15+

After the season he has had i would be staggered if we were able to recoup £5m for him. 

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

Why

Edit: that’s not a specific response to anyone. Just a generic question.

Because he’s not good enough to start for us now. And hopefully we’ll be a premier league team in the next campaign. 

And he DEFINITELY isn’t good enough for the prem. 

13 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I remember him saying in January that we didn't need another striker as he would get us the goals.

Good job we ignored him and went and got Grabban

Yep best piece of business. Bruce didnt believe him and either did i.

Mish agnew was the reason behind hogan mini revival. Still shit

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

“The way we play “ excuse is bollocks. 

Maybe...

But Mo Salah apparently wasn't "good enough" for Chelsea either.

You can add players which have left us after being deemed "absolute shite" on here who have gone on to other clubs to be successful. (For more realistic comparison).

Benteke left here and has still never been the same as he was here.

I feel there is at the very least SOME merit to this. (Styles of play and positions can make or break players)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â