Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Dreadful cameo yesterday, made his markers look like Des Walker for recovery pace. I always thought Hogan had a bit of pace but he really doesn't. Needs to be offloaded in the summer, it hasn't worked.

He does have pace, when he's running without the ball. He's just pretty terrible with the ball at his feet. He's a one/two touch goalscorer and that's it. Doesn't do enough. 

Literally need to put it on a plate for him to be effective. We don't have the style of play for it.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Such a difficult chance yesterday. It’s everyone else’s fault though. 

How can he be expected to score that one on one when we don’t set up to play to his strengths...?

Similarly to to how Kodjia "can't be expected to pass when there is a player with an open goal in front of or beside him?"

You would think all our other strikers have not missed sitters ffs.

Just as even TOP strikers do.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Similarly to to how Kodjia "can't be expected to pass when there is a player with an open goal in front of or beside him?"

You would think all our other strikers have not missed sitters ffs.

Just as even TOP strikers do.

You’re right.

Lets get rid of Kodjia at the end of the season and keep Hogan. 

Sorry about that mate, I forgot we just aren’t playing to Super Scott’s strengths. 

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible player. 

Truly awful.

Can't agree tbh - yes he does not look good in a Villa shirt but he'll go somewhere and just you see them fly in  imo 

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Can't agree tbh - yes he does not look good in a Villa shirt but he'll go somewhere and just you see them fly in  imo 

I doubt it. He’s crap. 

The cold hard fact is if any player is constantly in and out of the side then it is really hard to find any level of consistency, when he was last starting we were hoofing the ball up to him and not in any way playing to his strengths. Now he is behind Kodjia and Grabban in the pecking order and looks short of confidence.

I am not saying he hasn't been crap or that he looks like a 12 mil striker, I am not saying the way we play is always an excuse for him not doing enough or taking the opportunities he has been given.

But a lot of the time especially recently we play in a way that suits no lone striker, slow build up, multiple crosses that find no one and anyone in the box is easily crowded at by defenders.

We weren't perfect yesterday at all, but there were actually a few times were we broke forward at speed and having two front men and two attacking midfielders made a hell of a difference to our forward play.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I doubt it. He’s crap. 

I think it's hard to deny him his due's from Brentford - maybe he just works better with a more forward thinking coach who is able to formulate a system designed to gain maximum performance from all employees - as opposed to a coach who turns his players over the white line and hopes for the best ? Maybe it's plausible would you not think ?

7 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I think it's hard to deny him his due's from Brentford - maybe he just works better with a more forward thinking coach who is able to formulate a system designed to gain maximum performance from all employees - as opposed to a coach who turns his players over the white line and hopes for the best ? Maybe it's plausible would you not think ?

He’s had one good spell in his career. It happens. 

Stop using it as a stick to beat Bruce with. We’ve scored 70 odd goals this season, only two other teams have scored More than us, we have other strikers who do just fine in this team with this manager. 

We are forward thinking. we are attacking. We score lots of goals.

had Hogan scored lots of goals season after season then you may have a point. But he hasn’t.

Hogan just isn’t very good. He works hard and has a good attitude, he just lacks quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stop using it as a stick to beat Bruce with. We’ve scored 70 odd goals this season, only two other teams have scored More than us, we have other strikers who do just fine in this team with this manager. 

had Hogan scored lots of goals season after season then you may have a point. But he hasn’t.

Hogan just isn’t very good. He works hard and has a good attitude, he just lacks quality.

Ok have it your way as always - just be kind enough to explain why our forward thinking manager paid £12 mill on someone in your own words is " crap "

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I perhaps should also have added that in your initial response you didn't mention why Bruce can't get a prolonged run of form from a £12 mill player - I guess it's  easy to overlook this much in order to support your point of view against Hogan would you not think ?

Â