Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Ok have it your way as always - just be kind enough to explain why our forward thinking manager paid £12 mill on someone in your own words is " crap "

Better managers than bruce have wasted money on crap players. 

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I perhaps should also have added that in your initial response you didn't mention why Bruce can't get a prolonged run of form from a £12 mill player - I guess it's  easy to overlook this much in order to support your point of view against Hogan would you not think ?

He's a £12m player because we were willing to pay £12m, not because he's worth every penny of that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Ok have it your way as always - just be kind enough to explain why our forward thinking manager paid £12 mill on someone in your own words is " crap "

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I perhaps should also have added that in your initial response you didn't mention why Bruce can't get a prolonged run of form from a £12 mill player - I guess it's  easy to overlook this much in order to support your point of view against Hogan would you not think ?

It has been a poor signing. That doesn’t make any of my post untrue. In fact it backs it up. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It has been a poor signing. That doesn’t make any of my post untrue. In fact it backs it up. 

That's only your take on the situation Stevo - sorry to inform you. You seem absolutely intent on denying Bruce has any part in this saga 

Just now, Dave J said:

That's only your take on the situation Stevo - sorry to inform you. You seem absolutely intent on denying Bruce has any part in this saga 

I’ve literally just said it was a poor signing. That’s on Bruce. 

He takes some of the blame for signing a player who isn’t very good. 

What more do you want me to say?

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’ve literally just said it was a poor signing. That’s on Bruce. 

He takes some of the blame for signing a player who isn’t very good. 

What more do you want me to say?

To be honest Stevo - this is just a bit of fun - don't get so serious and want to have the last word all of the time.

i'll give you my honest assessment of Hogan.

i am disappointed in him and for him as he does seem a decent guy with a good attitude to the game - he will leave us soon and go off and score goals elsewhere and for this Bruce has to hold his hand up and admit his part in all of this - and in Bruce's defence I would not be in the least bit surprised to hear him do this 

5 minutes ago, Dave J said:

This is going round in circles - by the club - I assume you mean  Bruce?

He's not the only one who has a say in the transfers, but yes. But this is the Scott Hogan thread, and your point of contention was that he's crap. He is, and that has nothing to do with Steve Bruce.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He's not the only one who has a say in the transfers, but yes. But this is the Scott Hogan thread, and your point of contention was that he's crap. He is, and that has nothing to do with Steve Bruce.

You can't be serious when you say this surely ? How can a £12 mill signing turn out " crap " in your words and the guy who signs him walks away without any blame attached.

As for signing players - I would imagine Bruce being old school would wish to have the final say 

It was a rushed panic signing by the club and the fact it used up most of the budget for the following season makes it even more bizarre. 

Always risky spending big on an in form player in January. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dave J said:

To be honest Stevo - this is just a bit of fun - don't get so serious and want to have the last word all of the time.

i am disappointed in him and for him as he does seem a decent guy with a good attitude to the game - he will leave us soon and go off and score goals elsewhere and for this Bruce has to hold his hand up and admit his part in all of this - and in Bruce's defence I would not be in the least bit surprised to hear him do this 

I'd love to know what you have seen from Hogan to suggest it is the manager and system at fault. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dave J said:

He won’t. He’s shit. 

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

You can't be serious when you say this surely ? How can a £12 mill signing turn out " crap " in your words and the guy who signs him walks away without any blame attached.

As for signing players - I would imagine Bruce being old school would wish to have the final say 

Huh? I already told you Steve Bruce is to blame for signing him. But he's not to blame for him being shit. That's on Hogan. Him costing £12m doesn't change that. It's because of our naivety that he cost that much, not because he's a good player who is worth that much.

Besides, transfers are about how much a player is worth to the selling team. It doesn't necessarily reflect how good the player is.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1

for this Bruce has to hold his hand up and admit his part in all of this -  

And what purpose is that supposed to serve exactly? Managers make bad signings from time to time, it happens, get over it and stop obsessing over something that really, really doesn't matter. 

• Like 1

And whose fault might that be?

Dave, but that does sound like, i can't get him one thing, so i will get him on another.

The manager does have to take responsibility for his signings.....but they all do.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd love to know what you have seen from Hogan to suggest it is the manager and system at fault. 

i have focussed on him recently........He is consistently the wrong side of his man, he fails to work his man and take advantage of any errors that might bring.

To be fair, he doesn't get that many quality threaded balls but that could be down to his lack of intelligent running and ability to find space as much as the delivery...........its a bit of both.

His postional play is suspect and while the effort from his running is encouraging, its also passive and nondescript in terms of effectiveness.

His whole persona is one of melancholy......he reminds me of Gabby in his play in so many ways.....that is meant to be derogatory.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â