Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So he played what about 20 minutes, 19 of which we were chasing the game and didn't set the world on fire..........must be crap then

A striker playing in a team pushing forwards to get an equaliser and he didn't manage a meaningful touch of the ball for 20 minutes. Kodjia came on in the same team for half the time and at least controlled the ball once and passed it, that's more than Hogan has offered in the best part of a year 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, weedman said:

A striker playing in a team pushing forwards to get an equaliser and he didn't manage a meaningful touch of the ball for 20 minutes. Kodjia came on in the same team for half the time and at least controlled the ball once and passed it, that's more than Hogan has offered in the best part of a year 

He came on in the 54th minute, so was on the pitch for 45 minutes if you include injury time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He came on in the 54th minute, so was on the pitch for 45 minutes if you include injury time. 

Well at least it will get his match fitness up a bit, not that it makes any difference whatsoever to his performances 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is useless. Doesn't offer anything moving forward.

If we're playing with 1 striker, Kodjia needs to be backup to Abraham, not this guy

How true.

Whats baffling is that Smith gave himself better options than Bruce by not starting them both, this means he can always bring JK on as a straight swap for Tammy.

So why choose Hogan ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, terrytini said:

How true.

Whats baffling is that Smith gave himself better options than Bruce by not starting them both, this means he can always bring JK on as a straight swap for Tammy.

So why choose Hogan ?

because he has gotten a tune out of him before, because maybe he is a confidence player and Smith thought a show of faith would be needed, maybe he didn't think our clown of a keeper would concede 20 seconds later, maybe he saw Hogan's industry and style of play suited us more at 1-0 and on the break, maybe he was as unimpressed with Kodjia's effort on Saturday and thought he could do with a kick up the arse, who knows.

We didn't lose the game because Hogan came on. We lost because he was have 2 compeition wimmers at fullback and a shit goalkeeper.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

How true.

So why choose Hogan ?

I think that's probably because he wanted someone willing to work hard up front and be first line of defence. I think we'd all agree that JK isn't much for causing a nuisance up front. However, if you want someone to get you a goal out of nothing, I'd take JK over Hogan any day. 

• Like 2

It's laughable that he came on ahead of Kodjia, not just because of lack of match fitness, but because Kodjia is 5x the player he'll ever be.

Jimmy could be off in January and tbh I can't blame him. He should be starting for someone.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

because he has gotten a tune out of him before, because maybe he is a confidence player and Smith thought a show of faith would be needed, maybe he didn't think our clown of a keeper would concede 20 seconds later, maybe he saw Hogan's industry and style of play suited us more at 1-0 and on the break, maybe he was as unimpressed with Kodjia's effort on Saturday and thought he could do with a kick up the arse, who knows.

We didn't lose the game because Hogan came on. We lost because he was have 2 compeition wimmers at fullback and a shit goalkeeper.

Yes I agree your list is a list of why someone might choose Hogan. But why choose Hogan ??....in other words, none of them make him a better substitution than Kodja. Having said that, it was really a rhetorical question.

I agree we didn’t lose because of Hogan, we lost because they scored one more goal than we did.

16 hours ago, villarocker said:

I think that's probably because he wanted someone willing to work hard up front and be first line of defence. I think we'd all agree that JK isn't much for causing a nuisance up front. However, if you want someone to get you a goal out of nothing, I'd take JK over Hogan any day. 

I’m pretty sure I know who Norwich would have preferred on out of the two. And it’s not Hogan !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

I’m pretty sure I know who Norwich would have preferred on out of the two. And it’s not Hogan !

The problem is when he has been given a chance he has looked out of his depth - I want him to succeed but can’t see it happening for him here .

last night he barely touched the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrytini said:

Yes I agree your list is a list of why someone might choose Hogan. But why choose Hogan ??....in other words, none of them make him a better substitution than Kodja. Having said that, it was really a rhetorical question.

I agree we didn’t lose because of Hogan, we lost because they scored one more goal than we did.

but there maybe a few reasons why they did?

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

The problem is when he has been given a chance he has looked out of his depth - I want him to succeed but can’t see it happening for him here .

last night he barely touched the ball.

I don't want to kick the lad in the teeth....but his first touch is woeful and his ability to hold a player off is non-existant.

He looks like, for whatever reason, he is not ready to play.

20 hours ago, terrytini said:

How true.

So why choose Hogan ?

Indeed....He must have his reasons.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He looks like, for whatever reason, he is not ready to play.

Indeed....He must have his reasons.

The first part I was majorly disappointed about, you’d have hoped Hogan under a new manager and one he’s thrived under before, would’ve come out the box firing on all cylinders. Showing Smith he should be starting... he really didn’t do that. 

I think it it was twofold, firstly I think he wanted to give Kodjia (and bolasie) a kick up the arse for not tracking back and working hard on Saturday. Kind of like saying look you didn’t do what I wanted so someone else gets a chance.

Secondly, as mentioned above perhaps he thought Hogan would go over and above to prove his worth in the team 

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

but there maybe a few reasons why they did?

Indeed. My answer was only relating to Hogan as we are in his thread.?

I don’t think we lost because of Hogan, or because of Hogan being selected.

Fwiw I’d put 90% of the cause of defeat down to a settled side versus an unsettled one. Had Tammy scored and not hit the post I think we’d have won it.....but not for this thread.

Â