Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, weedman said:

A striker playing in a team pushing forwards to get an equaliser and he didn't manage a meaningful touch of the ball for 20 minutes. Kodjia came on in the same team for half the time and at least controlled the ball once and passed it, that's more than Hogan has offered in the best part of a year 

Kodjia should've absolutely come on in place of Abraham due his physicality, but the problem wasn't Hogan or Kodjia - it was behind that.  Our midfield did nothing (Grealish aside) so they had nothing to work with.  Kodjia and Abraham, as we've seen, are both adept at coming deep to get the ball whereas Hogan simply doesn't play like that.  To expect him to is, IMO, just wrong.

Kodjia passed the ball 4 times in the 10 minutes he was on; all of those touches were middle third and all 4 passes just went backwards.  He didn't offer anything different to Hogan.  Similarly, Hogan looking for balls behind the defence wasn't offering anything different to Kodjia.

• Like 1

Can we not cut the guy some slack here? He has barely kicked a ball in anger this season and yet he is being battened from pillar to post.

Lets be clear JK has looked woeful at times since returning into the fold.

If Dean Smith is the manager that we all hope him to be - I feel we must trust his judgement that he has faith in Hogan 

• Like 2

Just now, Dave J said:

Can we not cut the guy some slack here? He has barely kicked a ball in anger this season and yet he is being battened from pillar to post.

Lets be clear JK has looked woeful at times since returning into the fold.

If Dean Smith is the manager that we all hope him to be - I feel we must trust his judgement that he has faith in Hogan 

Agreed, I think Smith will get the best out of him like he did at Brentford, we have an embarrassing of riches going forwards for this level

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Can only think of Bosko Balaban who has been a worse signing for us on a ratio of fees paid v what he produces on the field.

Ross McCormack and Aaron Tshibola probably too.

Cheers RDM

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Ross McCormack and Aaron Tshibola probably too.

Cheers RDM

I think Hogan was twice the cost of Tishbola ! Mccormack we didn't  do our homework  as he has off field issues - but yeah a motley crew of flops.

18 hours ago, terrytini said:

Indeed. My answer was only relating to Hogan as we are in his thread.?

I don’t think we lost because of Hogan, or because of Hogan being selected.

Fwiw I’d put 90% of the cause of defeat down to a settled side versus an unsettled one. Had Tammy scored and not hit the post I think we’d have won it.....but not for this thread.

Rarely, does one thing other than individual errors, result in us losing a game.

but Hogan showed no plus points in his play when he came on.

His whole persona looks all at sea......whether DS can unravel anything from him is just speculation.

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

McMormack didn’t even look that bad when he was playing. A hell of a lot better than Hogan does.

I wonder if he is still a player we can use. 

Nah. He's finished.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

I think Hogan was twice the cost of Tishbola ! Mccormack we didn't  do our homework  as he has off field issues - but yeah a motley crew of flops.

I would argue Tshibola was the worst of the lot tbf.

Bosko was an international with decent goalscoring pedigree, awful signing in hindsight, shame. Ross McCormack scored a ton of goals, on paper decent, awful signing in hindsight, shame.

Tshibola had played a dozen games at Championship level and we spunked £5m on him.That should never have ever happened and still to this day I am believe Steve Clarke got a cut of that deal.

On 23/10/2018 at 21:47, terrytini said:

He didn’t look rusty to me, he looked how he always looks.

That is the Correct answer,  for some reason that i do not understand people will always find an excuse for Hogan but won't with other players.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2018 at 22:03, mykeyb said:

You may be right, thing is we all know Bruce didn't exactly have us playing the way that would suit his game, he isn't a lone striker so no surprise when he is played in that role he looks poor.

It's probably too late for him here but Smith might be able to get something better out of him.

Had a free header in the play off final, didn't get it anywhere near on target,  had a free header vs Norwich same thing happened,  yeah i'm sure it's the system that's the problem

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, hippo said:

Can only think of Bosko Balaban who has been a worse signing for us on a ratio of fees paid v what he produces on the field.

Richards, Nzogbia, Djemba twins, McFuckMack, Tishbola, the fella with the jumper, yer man with the funny chant...

I will be surprised if DS gets anything out of Hogan this time around....He will just join the long list of freeloaders, we have managed to secure.

but I am an optimist, so I will live in hope.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Richards, Nzogbia, Djemba twins, McFuckMack, Tishbola, the fella with the jumper, yer man with the funny chant...

Oh!!!

we have had our unfair share.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I will be surprised if DS gets anything out of Hogan this time around....He will just join the long list of freeloaders, we have managed to secure.

but I am an optimist, so I will live in hope.

Why will you be surprised if he gets anything out of him? He did at Brentford and then some

I agree with the second part of your post

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why will you be surprised if he gets anything out of him? He did at Brentford and then some

I agree with the second part of your post

I agree with you and I think we should all get behind Scott Hogan and show him our full support.

I am however realistic enough to acknowledge that sometimes and for lots of reasons it just doesn't happen for a player at a club and this might be the case for Scott - I have felt for some time, that he will go back to Brentford and start scoring once more. Sometimes the expectations of playing for a massive club are just too much for a player and this might be the case for Scott.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I agree with you and I think we should all get behind Scott Hogan and show him our full support.

I am however realistic enough to acknowledge that sometimes and for lots of reasons it just doesn't happen for a player at a club and this might be the case for Scott - I have felt for some time, that he will go back to Brentford and start scoring once more. Sometimes the expectations of playing for a massive club are just too much for a player and this might be the case for Scott.

Can’t argue with that

Â