Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I thought he was pretty poor today to be honest. Can't say I can remember thinking he'd done anything particularly well. 

He wasn't great, but about 60 minutes in my mate and I questioned whether Hogan had had a single decent pass played to him the whole game. I couldn't think of one, and I can tell you he didn't get one after that point.

All he had to play with was hoofs and chasing lost causes.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He wasn't great, but about 60 minutes in my mate and I questioned whether Hogan had had a single decent pass played to him the whole game. I couldn't think of one, and I can tell you he didn't get one after that point.

Not to mention a strike 'partner' that doesn't appear to want a partner, got far more natural ability and intelligence than Kodjia has (and I'm a Kodjia fan) but one of this pair needs to realize it's a team game.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe I'm being harsh, but I can't help thinking how much Kodjia got the ball in comparison. Yes, I know some of that may be Kodjia's selfishness and maybe he didn't help Hogan enough, but he might have allowed himself to be too isolated. 

Anyway, I'm sure he'll have better days. 

This move could end up being a disaster for a couple of reasons:

(1) Lack of service from midfield. If you look at most of his goals for Brentford they were either goals scored as a result of crosses going into the box, or goals scored as a result of him being played through from central midfield. We simply do not do this, we do not get enough quality balls into the box and despite having players like Lansbury and Hourihane, players capable of playing through balls, we are largely set up to by-pass them - playing far too deep and deploying the kick-n-rush strategy far too often, hence preventing them from having many opportunities to play Hogan in. 

(2) Kodjia not being able to pass to him consistently enough. Kodjia needs to be far less wasteful in possession and grow a bit of a footballing brain, what I've seen so far is that Hogan is capable of picking out Kodjia but not really the other way round, this has to improve.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, steven123 said:

I personally believe that Hogan would be better up top with Big Mac, somebody who looks to pass and moves off the ball, for a return. 

You might be onto something there.  Hogan is the striker McCormack would thrive on. Kodjia is not a team player at times and it is blood frustrating 

3 hours ago, steven123 said:

I personally believe that Hogan would be better up top with Big Mac, somebody who looks to pass and moves off the ball, for a return. 

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You might be onto something there.  Hogan is the striker McCormack would thrive on. Kodjia is not a team player at times and it is blood frustrating 

Remind me who's fault it is that McCormack isn't here. 

8 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's going to floor Kodjia by the end of the season.

Not just Kodjias fault for his lack of service. Midfield has to find him and be alot closer to the front two. 

5 hours ago, KSV said:

Not just Kodjias fault for his lack of service. Midfield has to find him and be alot closer to the front two. 

It's more about the opportunity to pass. If Bruce instructs us to play deep, then that's an unfortunate tradeoff. Kodjia is choosing not to pass the ball even when he has the opportunity.

9 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's more about the opportunity to pass. If Bruce instructs us to play deep, then that's an unfortunate tradeoff. Kodjia is choosing not to pass the ball even when he has the opportunity.

I really feel like this is being exaggerated more than it needs to be. 

Â