Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Seems a lot of money if you consider the injury record , can't see it being the reported 15m myself

£9m plus addons is the rumour. which is much better. especially if the addons are related to goals scored and promotion

22 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Super excited about this one. Seems a bit of a poacher; however, I think unlike in the past, this is now a luxury we can afford to have as we have a midfield who can actually pass the ball forward & move. 

Nistleroy was a goal poacher too and I would have loved to have him at VP in his prime so bring it on! :D

Just now, pacbuddies said:

Nistleroy was a goal poacher too and I would have loved to have him at VP in his prime so bring it on! :D

Absolutely, if the team can accommodate it, I'm all for it. DB was excellent when we had a decent midfield and wide players...as soon as we lost those, he was useless. Luckily, we again appear to have a more complete team and that should serve us well. 

• Like 1

sounds like a good signing to me.

Its the player thats the most important.....we can sort the money out later.

never expected 5 Mill for Westwood, so its swings and roundabouts.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

But that's the market we're. Kodjia certainly wasn't worth what we paid but we still paid it because we need to get out of this division. For what it's worth I think Hogan would be better suited to the premier league than Kodjia. I think there's more upside. Perhaps not a future England player but then England strikers will go for more than £15m these days. 

While that's true his ACL is a big worry for me - could be I'm just behind the times but for a lot of players they often go again at some point.

Not fussed about the fee looking a bit OTT.

For me, its the same as betting on the horses, don't worry about the price, just pick the right one and pay what you can afford.

We only mentioned Mccormack's fee cos he's crap. I don't know what the actual Kodjia fee rises to and i couldn't give a shit (and likely never will) because he does the job. For me, looking at the videos and his age and experience, Hogan has a bit of scope about him which i like. The likes of Gestede, Mccormack, Rhodes are players who play a certain way and whose top level to date is the best you can hope to get (and that is essentially what you are paying for). Hogan reminds me of a Charlie Austin at the same age (ableit Charlie had done more by then) in that the risk vrs potential reward seems just right.

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

While that's true his ACL is a big worry for me - could be I'm just behind the times but for a lot of players they often go again at some point.

Isn't that the injury Benteke had? Didn't stop him.

Choosing the wrong club to move to did, not the injury.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If Amercian football players are anything to go by an ACL injury isn't as damaging as it used to be and with modern surgery methods a full recover is more than likely.

I've only seen him 3 times (one of them against us) and cant say he looked anything special - unlike Kodja who I was pleased we bought.  However that may well be that Kodjas good stuff is more spectacular, and we certainly need a bread and butter goalscorer.  Agree with those who say that now we have a midfield (although it is also unproven) it makes sense as a signing, presumably to play up top with Kodja,

Also agree the fee doesn't matter.  The wages do though, we've had enough of guys on long contracts and high wages.  Just have to hope they've got that bit right.

(I do wonder though, these deals don't happen overnight, has Bruce been expecting to be without McCormack ?)

5 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He's already done his ACL twice, so if you're worried about it going again, it already has and he'll be fine from now on. It's like chickenpox, only happens twice. 

Same leg or different legs. I heard that it's likely to happen in the other leg on comeback because you've put so much focus in to rebuilding the injured one.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

(I do wonder though, these deals don't happen overnight, has Bruce been expecting to be without McCormack ?)

Deals this size can still be done from interest to signature in a couple of weeks. I think Bruce was aware of McCormack's lack of effort a month or two ago, long before gategate. In any case, if I were a manager, I'd want my supporting staff to be monitoring potential players all the time; even players you can trust to perform can get injured and miss the rest of the season.

11 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Same leg or different legs. I heard that it's likely to happen in the other leg on comeback because you've put so much focus in to rebuilding the injured one.

You sound like my mechanic trying to up his bill, "if this goes ,this needs to be changed as well , that will be 500pound " 

"but all I wanted was you to change a bulb "

• Like 1

I doubt Man City cared about the inflated fee's they were paying to get top players in and look at them now, I'm pretty sure we actually could in time compete at the top end of the premier league and be one of those teams everyone hates

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I doubt Man City cared about the inflated fee's they were paying to get top players in and look at them now, I'm pretty sure we actually could in time compete at the top end of the premier league and be one of those teams everyone hates

I look forward to the days when I get accused of being a bandwagon-ing plastic :D

• Like 1

Â