Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Sometimes you need a player like that.

With players like Hourihane, Lansbury and Bjarnson who like to score goals - plus Kodjia who likes to score goals. Sometimes we need that guy that is the cleaner, so anytime one of those shoots and misses he'll be there.

Some players have that uncanny ability to always be in the right place at the right time. If he's that guy then missed chances won't be missed chances anymore.

Either way something is working for him as he's 21 goals in 33 games at Brentford. 

Yeah, it would be nice to have somebody in the area. As we know, Kodjia likes to run with the ball and take a shot, we will have midfielders getting into the box, we just need a striker there too - one with good movement.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It appears that way but not the case at all.

Not out the blue or not an impressive signing?

If it's £9m plus £5m in addons if we get promoted in the next 3 years, it will be a small price to pay. 

24 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I must admit, watching his youtube clips doesn't excite me too much, seems a bit slow and scores a lot of "lucky" goals where rebounds fall to him, or someone lays it on a plate for him 3 yards out.  That didn't stop Robbie Fowler from being a fantastic player though, so l wont judge him just yet. £9-12m does seem desperate though.

Somehow there are players that always are at the right place at the right time. It's like they have a 6th sense and just knows where the ball going. He seems like his got good acceleration which for me is more important than great speed, especially if now when we have an improved midfield and probably going to see teams playing very defensively. Which means the 40-50 yard counter attacking runs (Gabby), will not be that frequent. 
If there was anything in the clip I would be slightly worried about was that his passing was a bit sloppy at times. Seems like he missed some easy passes. But at the same time it’s just a youtube clip and we’re buying him to score goals not pass fecking ball. 

55 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I must admit, watching his youtube clips doesn't excite me too much, seems a bit slow and scores a lot of "lucky" goals where rebounds fall to him, or someone lays it on a plate for him 3 yards out.  That didn't stop Robbie Fowler from being a fantastic player though, so l wont judge him just yet. £9-12m does seem desperate though.

Good comparison IMO...players like that have a knack, else we would all do it.

Â