Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Godders said:

If he signs today, I would expect the medical to be fairly soon. I would think he'd probably want to be at the game tonight, so would be need to be done at the Hospital this afternoon.

He might want to stay away if he is leaving them. Either way, the medical and final negotiations will take priority and if they go on to the evening he won't have a choice of being at the game.

Edited by brommy

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

David Sullivan was on Talksport saying they're not going to do any business today. Ruling them out completely. 

What a tight wad - £25 mill in from Payet, bugger all costs for their new ground, and they won't go the extra in the Jan window. Their loss!

£15m for a guy with a total of 30 something Championships games under his belt as his only serious football experience would be pretty amazing money.

21 goals in 33 is very good thou.

Still, the money in English football is just silly.

Really hope we build up a scouting organization in the future so we don't have to pay over the odds all the time.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

£15m for a guy with a total of 30 something Championships games under his belt as his only serious football experience would be pretty amazing money.

Really hope we build up a scouting organization in the future so we don't have to pay over the odds all the time.

That's the Brentford price, I doubt it will be what we pay and most will likely be in instalments - if it happens.

4 minutes ago, DK82 said:

That's the Brentford price, I doubt it will be what we pay and most will likely be in instalments - if it happens.

If we could get it down to £7-9m with a fee payed out should we get promoted it would be an OK deal.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

We paid a similar price for Kodjia didn't we? I totally get where you're coming from though, utterly ridiculous money being thrown around at this level.

Incidentally, I rate Hogan as better than Kodjia, I think he'd be a brilliant signing, I just won't be paying much attention to the transfer fee :)

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sne said:

Didn't Boro pay 6m for the walking lamppost that is Gestede? Boro fans not happy with his first game by all accounts :D

Â