Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, withes_shin said:

Mail reporting an initial £9 million with add ons to take it close to £15 million.

Might have a bloke worthy of wearing the No. 9 shirt again

Mate if he gets us promoted those add ons will be peanuts

• Like 1

Big Risk 

"After missing a portion of the 2014 – 15 pre-season with an ankle injury, the striker subsequently went on to make his league debut for Brentford in the following game against Rotherham United, but suffered a career threatening anterior cruciate ligament injury in his left knee. 

Hogan underwent reconstruction surgery on 10 September but then managed to re-injure that same knee in April 2015 whilst in training.

Season injury from until Days Games missed
14/15 Cruciate Ligament Rupture Aug 30, 2014 Mar 18, 2016 566 days 83Brentford FC
  • Like 1

The cost is relative to the demand and situation. January prices are generally higher, especially on deadline day and add that to a club that probably don't want to sell. We are in need of another goal scorer and you pay big money for goals, so I don't think the price we've put up is all that surprising really. I think we're good for it as well, so I wouldn't worry too much about the cost of the player just more what the player has to offer. 

Signed according to daily mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4176354/Scott-Hogan-completes-15m-Aston-Villa.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Scott Hogan has completed his £15m move to Aston Villa following a month long saga surrounding the player's future.

Villa boss Steve Bruce, a big admirer of the 24-year-old, has won the race to sign his priority target after West Ham pulled out of the race for his signature.

Scott Hogan arrived at Aston Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground for a medical with the Midlands club earlier on deadline day and has now put pen to paper on a deal.

1 minute ago, AVFC44 said:

I'm guessing he can't(/won't) play tonight? Imagine scoring against your former employer hours after being employed by them. :D

There will have been a deadline over one of the past few days to register players eligible for tonight's game.  So no dice sadly :)  At least he won't be playing for them!

I must admit, watching his youtube clips doesn't excite me too much, seems a bit slow and scores a lot of "lucky" goals where rebounds fall to him, or someone lays it on a plate for him 3 yards out.  That didn't stop Robbie Fowler from being a fantastic player though, so l wont judge him just yet. £9-12m does seem desperate though.

11 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I must admit, watching his youtube clips doesn't excite me too much, seems a bit slow and scores a lot of "lucky" goals where rebounds fall to him, or someone lays it on a plate for him 3 yards out.  That didn't stop Robbie Fowler from being a fantastic player though, so l wont judge him just yet. £9-12m does seem desperate though.

Sometimes you need a player like that.

With players like Hourihane, Lansbury and Bjarnson who like to score goals - plus Kodjia who likes to score goals. Sometimes we need that guy that is the cleaner, so anytime one of those shoots and misses he'll be there.

Some players have that uncanny ability to always be in the right place at the right time. If he's that guy then missed chances won't be missed chances anymore.

Either way something is working for him as he's 21 goals in 33 games at Brentford. 

Â