Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Bright start, then they got lazy and conceded. No excuse why these four defenders are running around like a pub team. Chester is having a nightmare.

Let's hope Bree, Taylor and Hogan are the missing links, cuz based on this display the team still sucks!

Edited by maqroll

2 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Why is it that every time we f*** we get punished but when our opponents f*** up we are so completely toothless?

Out of the starting 11 only the fullbacks were here last season (and one of them virtually hasn't played at all). We changed the whole team, the manager (twice), the owner. Everything has changed. And yet nothing has changed.

You see a couple of decent things every now and then, fail to make anything out of them, f*** up, concede and give up.

We could buy the whole Chelsea squad and hire Conte as manager and we'd still be getting the same tripe.

Unless you fight and work hard.....nothing will change.

3 minutes ago, smg said:

This afternoon I suggested Amavi as the next scapegoat, totally forgot about Bruce. Got to love the Villa supporters on here, except they are not supporters just glory hunters, get behind the team, manager, club or piss off and follow Celtic they win every week !!!

Hahaha, I think if we were glory hunters we would all already be Celtic or Manchester fans. No one here expects us to win every match, but we do expect us to win SOME matches and play some entertaining football. 7 goals away from home this season, utterly utterly pathetic, especially considering the money we have spent.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

In fear of landing on excuses.....they do need to settle in.

.......but for me the basics are missing......Brentford are executing them admirably.

it doesn't matter what permutations you use either.....individuals have to compete.

Dean smith has probably told his team Villa are a bunch of primma Donna's and Dean has them at it.

we need to up our intensity and try and get back in.....they all look like they are waiting for someone else to do something.

Totally agree, this is our obvious problem and it's the easiest thing to do!  Work hard, press, win your battle.

We do have a bunch of guys looking around, waiting for someone else to do it for them, get **** stuck in!

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

ah well it was fun for 10 mins

villa/arsenal unlikely double (both 2-0 down) is 142/1 if anyone wants to make the next 45 minutes interesting

its 142/1 for a reason.....cos it aint going to happen !!!

The main thin Bruce must have stressed at HT is to get the midfield involved on to press as a team, higher up in the pitch.

Do that and we can still get something.

We are playing Brentford who is without their main striker ffs!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

At Christmas, my brother-in-law bought me a selection of craft beers.  They were nice, but a couple of them looked a bit strong so they've just been sitting there.

I'm now sitting here with a pint of beer that's 10% abv.  Villa have done this to me.

Don't feel bad mate, I'm on the malt. 

raMZAPc.jpg