Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

First 15 minutes we looked good kodja misses a decent chance and then it all went tits up.

Playing too deep and too compact.

Grealish on left green up top with kodja and morten harkett off.

Hutton possibly off for bree also

Bruce is channeling McLeish far too much in his approach.

We are so hesitant, nervous, careful and deep.

Never mind the line-up.

I'd like to hear what instructions the players are given.

We've looked our best this season when we've put high pressure on our opponents, why don't we dare to do that away from home? It's the Championship ffs!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bose said:

Absolutely horrible. But let's give the new guys more than 45 minutes before we decide they are shit.

I'm not worried about the signings. I'm worried about Bruce.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Can I just point out that the only constants in the last 5 years - Alan Hutton and the fans.

If it's not all to do with Hutton then I'm afraid all of us need to **** off for this club to succeed.

And Gabby (even though he isn't playing today).

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Come on mate this is VT. The decision has been made. The only issue is to now decide who the next Westwood is and give him dogs abuse for the next few years.

Have a feeling it will the Icelandic chap. Place your bets!

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Kodjia is completely isolated and we're launching a succession of long hit and hope balls up the field 

Agree. You know what? Apart from maybe Dave J, I'm probably Gabby's biggest critic, but watching this i think Gabby would have been good next to Kodjia with Lansbury and Hurihane behind. 

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

The players obviously aren't rubbish. It's the tactics and standing off any team would make them look great. 

This!!! We don't press like we actually want to win the ball back.  Any team would exploit this.

This afternoon I suggested Amavi as the next scapegoat, totally forgot about Bruce. Got to love the Villa supporters on here, except they are not supporters just glory hunters, get behind the team, manager, club or piss off and follow Celtic they win every week !!!

• Like 2