Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Absolute cringe people are saying "bizarre signing" to Bjanason. Not convinced myself but should a player in a completely new country be starting after training with the club less than a week? Don't point the finger at him.

I think it's a bit of an issue that three brand new signings can just walk into the XI. Can't be good for morale across the team and won't be pushing those new signings to earn their stripes, at least to a minimal level.

Also, Green over Grealish, behave. That change needs to happen at half-time.

• Like 2

It was all great for about the first 15 minutes, no matter how many new players we sign they always crumble once going a goal down. 

Even with all the new signings I know for a fact this game is past us, can always count on Villa to ruin the day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

He complained about the change of goalkeeper coach though. He wasn't going to stay. Compared to Bunn though, who knows.

Fair enough get rid of gollini but should have bought experienced keeper .

Just now, Eastie said:

Agreed - has he conceded 5 goals now from 6 efforts on goal? 

Defence look jittery with him behind them .

Defensive confidence starts with the keeper, who has none.....enough said.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Johnston is just a shit signing, it was obvious we needed an experienced keeper in, not a **** work in progress.

Not even our work in progress.

We're taking all the risk, for none of the reward. Taking in other teams' youth players really highlights how far we've fallen.

why does bruce have different tactics away from home. Just keep the same team and system/tactics. Opposition should change for us. Too negative away from home. Maybe we should buy a new team bus.

• Like 1

Just now, bose said:

Absolutely horrible. But let's give the new guys more than 45 minutes before we decide they are shit.

Come on mate this is VT. The decision has been made. The only issue is to now decide who the next Westwood is and give him dogs abuse for the next few years.

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The line up was fine.

Totally bypassing the midfield and isolating Kodjia, due to Smith manmarking Lansbury. Nah. Bruce needs to spot that and act on it. Instead he let Brentford control the game.

This is my issue with our team, we started well and everything went through Lansbury.  They notice and from then on manmarked him thus changing the flow of the game.  We never, and i mean never do this and have failed to react in any way during this game.  All we have done is go longer and longer which is a school boy tactic and smacks of panic.  We really need to keep our composure more in games and "man up" when it goes against us, it's perfectly possible to change the flow of a game as Brentford have done you just have to find the weakness and exploit it.  You just have to be braver with the ball to make it happen, this mean people actually wanting the ball instead of hiding behind players etc etc

• Like 2