Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Amavi has been the worst player on the pitch, closely followed by Hutton and Bjarnason.

Lansbury started well, as soon as they started marking him he dissapeared.

We've now started booting it forward.

This could become embarrasing

Just now, PieFacE said:

Well theres always a chance of putting a run together,  but 12 points or 9 points,  the gap is top big.  

Mates it's over no chance are we going up. Too much damage done. Was hoping these new signings would have fight and be able to handle the pressure but they have been pathetic 

My knee is jerking. But that was so desperately poor, I'm not sure I can stomach the second half. 

All the new signings look bewildered, Kodjia looks like he's still on the plane, Chester and Baker look like new signings. Amavi has been so poor with and without the ball.

Alan Hutton has been Alan Hutton. 

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

Hourihane has had a cracking game so far, think he might have had upwards of 3 touches of the ball in that half.

Ball being sent over the top and Lansbury only looking for Kodjia doesn't help

Just now, Davkaus said:

Aye. I hate to look like I'm enjoying it just because I was 'right'. The better part of a decade of disappointment has got the better of me.

If we were winning 10-0 with 2 minutes to go, I'd lump a fiver on the other team. This club is cursed.

Honestly I don't think we are ever going up after witnessing this trash recently. For the last four years or so we have been terrible. But this is a completely new team. I just don't get it I really don't. 

Just now, a m ole said:

He complained about the change of goalkeeper coach though. He wasn't going to stay. Compared to Bunn though, who knows.

Johnston is just a shit signing, it was obvious we needed an experienced keeper in, not a **** work in progress.

Utter garbage. We've been out run, out fought and out passed. Kodjia is completely isolated and we're launching a succession of long hit and hope balls up the field - well worth buying a new midfield for that.

We started well, but they pushed their midfield up and closed Lansbury down and we've not had any idea what to do about it - here's an idea; pass the ball. On the floor. To other Villa players. It's not complicated. 

We got worse as the half went on and panicked, couldn't get out, couldn't string two passes together and just flapped.

I think Hourihane touched it about four times.

We need to do a lot better than this - I'd ordinarily think about taking Green off for a forward so that we can at least keep them back a bit, but we're fresh out of forwards. 

In the second half I'd like to see us pass the ball and I'd like to see us get into them, we had no bookings in that half - largely because we had no tackles.

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

We stand off teams far too much under Bruce. It's ridiculous 

We stand off too much ..........under every manager we have had.