Match Thread: Villa v Brentford

limpid

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I realise this sounds silly, but I reckon we can still get something out of this.

I've just said the same to my sulking son. This isn't over yet. 

The whole set up was all wrong from the start.

Tactically he isn't the brightest manager out there. 

This is not the first time I have looked at one of our line ups before kick off and thought were buggered.

On a plus point I did back Brentford before kick off and I don't think they are in danger of losing their lead.

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not when he sees his pay cheque. 

Perhaps throwing shit loads of money at Championship calibre players isn't the smartest idea in the world. 

3 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

A complete new midfield hasn't clicked immediately...I want my money back. They've had 45 minutes for gods sake

giphy.gif

Why is it that every time we f*** we get punished but when our opponents f*** up we are so completely toothless?

Out of the starting 11 only the fullbacks were here last season (and one of them virtually hasn't played at all). We changed the whole team, the manager (twice), the owner. Everything has changed. And yet nothing has changed.

You see a couple of decent things every now and then, fail to make anything out of them, f*** up, concede and give up.

We could buy the whole Chelsea squad and hire Conte as manager and we'd still be getting the same tripe.

Edited by WooJung
cazzi miei
  • Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Doesn't matter who plays for us or manages us, it seems nobody can stop this nightmare from continuing.

In fear of landing on excuses.....they do need to settle in.

.......but for me the basics are missing......Brentford are executing them admirably.

it doesn't matter what permutations you use either.....individuals have to compete.

Dean smith has probably told his team Villa are a bunch of primma Donna's and Dean has them at it.

we need to up our intensity and try and get back in.....they all look like they are waiting for someone else to do something.

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

The whole set up was all wrong from the start.

Tactically he isn't the brightest manager out there. 

This is not the first time I have looked at one of our line ups before kick off and thought were buggered.

On a plus point I did back Brentford before kick off and I don't think they are in danger of losing their lead.

Actually the first 10 minutes it was working. The issue is that Dean Smith saw the problem (for Brentford) and quickly made adjustments to turn the game on its head.

Bruce has stood there watching for 35 mintues while we have fallen apart, and done nothing. 

Edited by andym