Neil Taylor

One For The Road

On 30/11/2018 at 14:40, Tayls said:

Good post dude. 

My thoughts on it though, just by going off your screenshot, is that Taylor is taking up a more central position because of the absence of Chester (where the fack is he btw?!). If he didnt, then all the chap would have to do is play it forward to the runner next to him (the two guys that axel is inbetween) and it would have been a 1v1. So the fact that he played it wide to Lolley actually makes it a bit trickier for Forest. 

Just so happens that they put it in anyway...

so, 

1) where the fack is Chester

2) Axel shouldn’t be in a position where he is parallel to his man facing his goal

3) what are our midfielders doing giving them that much space in that part of the pitch. 

I actually think Taylor has done the right thing there. 

I get all of that (and mentioned that Chester / Hourihane to blame for the break) but I don't think Taylor is doing anything to prevent the pass to Grabban - that's Axel who blocks that pass.

When you have a 4 v 3, the 3 defenders have to try and split 2 attackers each, something like:

• A - A - A - A
  • - D -- D -- D

You also want that back 3 to be fairly flat, just to make the attackers check their runs, or to possibly catch them offside.

So Taylor should be in position to deal with either Lolley or Carvalho, Axel has Carvalho and Grabban, and Hutton should have Grabban and whoever is driving down the left (Cash maybe).

It's still an overload, and obviously once you're in that position, there's a high chance of conceding, but Taylor and Hutton made it easy for them, whereas Axel (in my opinion) did the right thing in the circumstances.

• Like 1

I've been in the Neil Taylor is not a footballer camp for a long time, but he's starting to look surprisingly competent in recent weeks, dare I say it even good. He has to cut out that habit of letting the ball roll inside of him before controlling it though.

Whilst I think the criticism of him has been OTT lately I’ll be the first to admit when you put him against a very good winger he really struggles.  Luckily for us they’re aren’t many very good wingers in this league but it’s still an area we could strengthen.

1 minute ago, daggy_333 said:

Haven't you been absolutely slating him recently?

I have maybe said some things i shouldn't have in the heat of the moment after certain games.

But abusing players doesn't help the situation at all, all you do is making them even more nervous.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

People need to get off his back.

He is doing his best and always put in 100 % effort, cannot ask for more than that.

If I was playing left back for Aston Villa then you can bet I’d put in 100% every week. 

I’d still be garbage though. 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I have maybe said some things i shouldn't have in the heat of the moment after certain games.

But abusing players doesn't help the situation at all, all you do is making them even more nervous.

What !.....on here.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/12/2018 at 01:19, Zatman said:

Please come back soon

He’s our best left back in the squad, I think he’s done quite well this season, I hate seeing Hutton shoehorned in ahead of him at left back, Hutton is our best right back, Taylor is our best left back, play them in their correct positions and the defence should improve 

• Like 1

Â