Neil Taylor

One For The Road

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Dogshit. Cannot excuse not being able to pass forward 5 yards, choice of pass, execution, accuracy, weight...the worst I have ever seen.

He's passing was the least of his problem today. The way their winger could just skip past him without any effort was just embarrasing

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Thought he was very good yesterday, one of the best games he's played for Villa.

He has the tendancy to blast the ball when passing but works well with Kodjia, and at times yesterday had to marshall the entire left side as Kodjia drifted inside during the second half.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on mate. Yes he got done a couple of times but generally he was fine.  

He does struggle with one and one situations though. 

Was he?

I thought he was poor, as do most of the people posting in this thread it seems.

I think he's had a few decent games recently, but yesterday wasn't one of them

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

I thought he was poor, as do most of the people posting in this thread it seems.

I didn't realise he was actually playing until near the 2nd half.

Nothing spectacular from him again but bridging a gap a LB.

I did notice one solo effort from him in the 2nd half that stood out.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Was he?

Same people that have decided he is shit and written him off it seems. 

It was one of his poorer games since Smith took over but still a lot better than what we saw of him at the start of the season. 

I do accept we need to replace him eventually. I don’t think it’s a January priority though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was one of his poorer games since Smith took over but still a lot better than what we saw of him at the start of the season. 

I do accept we need to replace him eventually. I don’t think it’s a January priority though. 

Well the fact that we literally don't have another left back means we do need a left back in Jan, whether that's as a replacement or an understudy, we need one regardless.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He is awful, how is he playing at this level?

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Even my granny could dribble past him. Shocking today

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Very poor.

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Dogshit. Cannot excuse not being able to pass forward 5 yards, choice of pass, execution, accuracy, weight...the worst I have ever seen.

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

He's passing was the least of his problem today. The way their winger could just skip past him without any effort was just embarrasing

17 hours ago, AVTuco said:

I actually liked him on his first season here. But that horrible tackle changed him for good. He's mentally done for.

We must all be wrong I guess.

He makes a decision too late. It allows attackers to skip past him and then he has to chase. I wonder if the tackle which broke that players leg has left doubts on his mind. He just seems to take too long to get in and tackle.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Well the fact that we literally don't have another left back means we do need a left back in Jan, whether that's as a replacement or an understudy, we need one regardless.

Hutton can play there more than adequately. I think priority is keeper, centre half cover and then left back. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Three of them posts are from the same person ! :)

It's still the overwhelming opinion. There's only one poster who thinks he played well.

Even you said he was poor.

I don't see why you're picking on my post when everyone else said he was crap too.

I feel his performances have improved since the arrival of Smith, but yesterday (for me) he was poor.

He was beaten a couple of times with ease by Mahoney which could have resulted in goals and luckily for us Jota wasn't fit or he may have caused him a lot more problems.

It's by far the position we need to strengthen first in January. 

• Like 1

It is not even the defending part for me, fullbacks get beat and caught out now and again...it happens especially at this level. Nobody down here is Ashley Cole.

It is the complete basics of football I just cannot understand, things you learn kicking a ball against a garage door at age 7.

Whilst i hate the notion of playing players our of position. With Elmo RB and Hutton LB we look a LOT more balanced. Against Derby when Elmo came on, he changed the game as much a Bolasie. Taylor is completely ineffective and actually looks afraid of making a tackle! 

The main priority is to buy a CB (we desperately need cover), if there's any more cash lying around second priority is a LB. Still such a shame we missed out on Bryan who's currently enjoying a wooden bench at Craven Cottage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's still the overwhelming opinion. There's only one poster who thinks he played well.

Even you said he was poor.

I don't see why you're picking on my post when everyone else said he was crap too.

Maybe I value your opinion more ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Â