Neil Taylor

One For The Road

On 05/11/2018 at 12:20, NIVillan said:

For me he looks a little scared to make a tackle and has been that way since his tackle on Coleman while playing fro Wales.  I think the backlash he received after that has out him on the back foot.

His performances also dropped from that point.  A bit more confidence and maybe get him back to where he was when he first came, when the majority of us considered him a great improvement at left back.

Spot on. Some on here have just deemed to be crap and that’s all there is to it. How does a player that has nearly 50 caps and over a hundred Premier League appearances not be good enough for the championship? 

He has been poor, there is no denying that. But there is a player there and with confidence he can be just fine at left back.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

How does a player that has nearly 50 caps and over a hundred Premier League appearances not be good enough for the championship? 

You've answered your own question

58 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He has been poor, there is no denying that. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Spot on. Some on here have just deemed to be crap and that’s all there is to it. How does a player that has nearly 50 caps and over a hundred Premier League appearances not be good enough for the championship? 

He has been poor, there is no denying that. But there is a player there and with confidence he can be just fine at left back.

Its tricky, but you can wait forever with some players.

We can only go by what we see...not what they should be.

We have a list as long as your arm over the years of players that should be this or that.

To a degree we have to be decisive, if a player fails to meet the required level, they have to be replaced..... we will no doubt make some mistakes, but overall, you have to be single minded.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You've answered your own question

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its tricky, but you can wait forever with some players.

We can only go by what we see...not what they should be.

We have a list as long as your arm over the years of players that should be this or that.

To a degree we have to be decisive, if a player fails to meet the required level, they have to be replaced..... we will no doubt make some mistakes, but overall, you have to be single minded.

But there is still a good player there someone and we’ve seen that in the past. He also played well last couple of games. The confidence is returning. Let’s give him another chance.

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But there is still a good player there someone and we’ve seen that in the past. He also played well last couple of games. The confidence is returning. Let’s give him another chance.

He's got every chance. But you say we've seen it in the past. I don't think we've seen it in a Villa shirt. 

If he starts putting in good performances then everyone will be happy. I don't think he's been good enough for at least a year. There's a reason a right back kept him out of the team for most of last season.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's got every chance. But you say we've seen it in the past. I don't think we've seen it in a Villa shirt. 

If he starts putting in good performances then everyone will be happy. I don't think he's been good enough for at least a year. There's a reason a right back kept him out of the team for most of last season.

I think he was decent in his first half season with us and ok at the start of last. Then he got suspended and Hutton took over. Around that point he seemed to turn to shit and has never really recovered.  Don’t know if that was around the time he did Coleman over.

He never got a run of games after that. He  did have the odd ok game such as against Wolves though. 

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he was decent in his first half season with us and ok at the start of last. Then he got suspended and Hutton took over. Around that point he seemed to turn to shit and has never really recovered.  Don’t know if that was around the time he did Coleman over.

He never got a run of games after that. He  did have the odd ok game such as against Wolves though. 

its one of the reasons why we are still in this division.....its not enough.

players have to be more consistent with their form, for us to have any chance of getting out.

13 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Sounds like he also trained so will be available for selection.

Although he's not a player I particularly rate the more options we have in this tough run of 3 matches in a week the better.

Why don’t you rate him?

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why don’t you rate him?

I think he is one of the weak links in our team to be honest. 

Defensively, for me, often he doesn't close down the ball effectively and his positional sense can be poor. I think offensively he is pretty average.

Presumably you rate him do you?

6 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

I think he is one of the weak links in our team to be honest. 

Defensively, for me, often he doesn't close down the ball effectively and his positional sense can be poor. I think offensively he is pretty average.

Presumably you rate him do you?

Yes, I do, he’s been a solid player for Wales and Swansea City for years, he’s played in the Premier League for years and performed well there. Yes, he had a bad season last year but I think he’s done well this season when called upon. Plus, he’s our only natural left footed left back. Offensively, he’s not bad, got a nice left foot and can deliver a great cross. Defensively, he’s more than decent, he’s good at one-on-one situations, decent in the air and is a good tackler in my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

If we all thought the same about our players or football in general it would be boring so no surprise to see people with different views.

I'm sure we'll agree that if he is called upon we both hope he does well for us.

Agreed

Offensively he's one of the worst fullbacks I can remember us having. He offers nothing going forward.

Defensively he's ok, but he's still had spells here where he's been crap at that too.

Hopefully he has a good game tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Offensively he's one of the worst fullbacks I can remember us having. He offers nothing going forward.

Defensively he's ok, but he's still had spells here where he's been crap at that too.

Hopefully he has a good game tomorrow.

I think he has a nice left foot on him, good delivery. Defensively, for me, he’s great, why the hate for him?

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think he has a nice left foot on him, good delivery. Defensively, for me, he’s great, why the hate for him?

I don’t know how anyone could say he is defensively great.

I’d rather have him at LB than Hutton but he is one of our worst players.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't know what player you're watching SGC. His delivery is dreadful.

• Like 1

Â