Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

• 2 weeks later...

Really think Foden's one of the best English talents produced in last 30 years.

Obviously we want Jack to start in euros but feels now like this injury is giving Southgate the perfect excuse. Travesty if Foden dosen't get in the 11 and Lingard with his 5 good games does. He is a level about Mount aswell.

Foden will be one of the first names on the team sheet you would think. Sterling is just a benchwarmer at City now so will be interesting to see if he still starts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, a m ole said:

Foden Kane Grealish is the front three. Has to be. Find 3 central midfielders who can play behind them, and a back 4. Put Stones in goal. Best chance since 66

I’d want Foden and Jack closer to each other, one touch one twos down the pitch. 
Play 4231

Jack left of the 3, Foden in the 10 and they both swap throughout 

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really think Foden's one of the best English talents produced in last 30 years.

Obviously we want Jack to start in euros but feels now like this injury is giving Southgate the perfect excuse. Travesty if Foden dosen't get in the 11 and Lingard with his 5 good games does. He is a level about Mount aswell.

He is. Jack has comparable talent but I suspect Foden will end up with the better career. 

• Like 1

I still Jack is different to him, foden to me seems like an English midfielder mould that we've had for a long time, he's just really **** good at it! I think he's comparable to scholes, lampard, gerrard and he'll be as good as them, whereas Jack isn't, I think the gazza comparison is more appropriate to Jack, the maverick element of his play 

I still don't know many English players ever who can run with the ball like Jack can, even foden who can do a lot of things, a lot of things better than Jack but like the goal vs arsenal earlier in the year or the miss vs Leeds (and another one that I can't remember) I don't think foden can do that 

I dont understand why its such a ridiculous English thing to compare players as if they are rivals and go against each other. Other countries are happy to try and find a way for top talent to co-exist

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I still Jack is different to him, foden to me seems like an English midfielder mould that we've had for a long time, he's just really **** good at it! I think he's comparable to scholes, lampard, gerrard and he'll be as good as them, whereas Jack isn't, I think the gazza comparison is more appropriate to Jack, the maverick element of his play 

I still don't know many English players ever who can run with the ball like Jack can, even foden who can do a lot of things, a lot of things better than Jack but like the goal vs arsenal earlier in the year or the miss vs Leeds (and another one that I can't remember) I don't think foden can do that 

Foden is just 20. You wonder how good he can become. Maybe the best player in the world at Jacks age. Of course that doesnt always happens but if he continues improving it could. 

25 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Foden is just 20. You wonder how good he can become. Maybe the best player in the world at Jacks age. Of course that doesnt always happens but if he continues improving it could. 

Sure Erling Haaland is only 20 as well 😉

• 2 weeks later...

nearly 40 years old but Wes Hoolahan has dragged Cambridge to promotion. He would have been a brilliant signing if Lerner paid that 2 million 10 years ago

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

played out of position by Lampard and Sarri, Ngolo Kante again showing he is one of the greatest midfielders of his generation and has only the Euros to win to complete the major honours

• Like 2

On 29/05/2021 at 19:46, Zatman said:

played out of position by Lampard and Sarri, Ngolo Kante again showing he is one of the greatest midfielders of his generation and has only the Euros to win to complete the major honours

What a marvellous little player. I may sometimes cheer on the team playing against him but I will never cheer against Kante. The game is that much better for having him in it.

On 24/04/2021 at 16:23, Dom_Wren said:

Antony. Brazilian winger from Ajax. 

diego lainz Mexican right winger from real betis. 

Lainz came off bench and scored for Mexico vs USA and was best player in pitch last night. 

Â