Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Romelu Lukaku. There was a time when Benteke was better…

Massively underrated striker IMO - and not really sure why.  Has basically been a 1 in 2 striker for a decade and is getting better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Massively underrated striker IMO - and not really sure why.  Has basically been a 1 in 2 striker for a decade and is getting better.

Agreed, I anticipate him lighting up the Euros this summer and getting the golden boot. Great striker, wasted at Utd and Chelsea in the past.

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Size and shape IMO

It misleads people in to falsely believing what kind of player he should be, especially in England where we love the big strong number 9, utd for example didn't have a clue how to play him

That said he's developed really well too, never stopped, he's getting better still now at inter, years ago when we used to compare him to Benteke and say Benteke was stronger with better hold up play stuff like that, lukaku has continously improved it 

• Like 1

On 09/06/2021 at 22:35, villan-scott said:

Romelu Lukaku. There was a time when Benteke was better…

60 international goals and only 4 penalties. Impressive whichever way you look at it. 

The camera quality for the very first goal makes it look like he scored in Italia '90.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Lorenzo Insigne is probably not as recognised as he should be.

Very much a "Naples man" which may well be why he hasn't moved elsewhere, but he's an absolute joy to watch.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

Bit random, 

But Dembele at Spurs for me, was one of the best all round midfielders I've seen for a few seasons. 

Strong , quick, never gave the ball away, great at pushing his team upfield. Equally adept at beating a man and tackling. 

Never replaced him, pretty much when Spurs declined

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Linked with being sanchos replacement at dortmund 

I thought he played a different position to Sancho, AMC I thought, but could be wrong. 

I think it’s these types of signings we need to be making moving forward, get them before they turn into 80-90m players. 

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Never replaced him, pretty much when Spurs declined

100% I think some top teams forget the small cogs that make everything work. Bit nuts to say about elite professional teams.

I initially thought Grealish could be a similar player to Dembele, broke lines in the middle of the park, carried the ball, could never get it off him.

On 05/07/2021 at 05:26, MNVillan said:

I’m biased as an American, but I love to watch Westin McKennie play

I've not seen much, but he's looked tidy when I've watched him.

On 06/07/2021 at 04:26, pas5898 said:

Bit random, 

But Dembele at Spurs for me, was one of the best all round midfielders I've seen for a few seasons. 

Strong , quick, never gave the ball away, great at pushing his team upfield. Equally adept at beating a man and tackling. 

The decline in their midfield and defense from just 3 years ago has been stark. They've never replaced Dembele and Eriksen. They tried with Dembele with the Wish.com version N'Dombele, but safe to say he hasn't really set the league alight yet.

• Haha 1

On 05/07/2021 at 05:26, MNVillan said:

I’m biased as an American, but I love to watch Westin McKennie play

I was a bit gutted we weren’t sniffing around him last year before he went to Italy. Looked tidy on the ball, great combative midfielder and also good in the air too. 

Ship. Sailed I guess

As the transfer thread is a bit devoid of links at the moment I’m going to indulge  in some wishful thinking.

Players I’d like us to be looking at (granted some are not that realistic)

Lucas Paqueta MF/AM

Christopher Nkunku AM/WF

Daichi Kamada AM

Dani Olmo AM

Federico Chiesa AM/WF

Chukwunonso Madueke AM/WF

Sekou Koita AM/ST

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic MF

Mahmoud Dahoud MF/DM

Maxence Caqueret MF/DM

Boubacar Kamara MF/DM

Pape Mater Sarr MF/DM

Amine Gouiri ST

Donyell Malen ST

Luis Muriel ST

Emre Tezgel ST

Victor Osimhen ST

Lautaro Martinez ST

Sven Botman DF

Nathan Collins DF (although I think he’s just gone to Burnley)

Kieran Tierney LB

Someone's been playing FM 😉

Not sure what happened with botman, was getting a lot of hype about a big summer move but then didn't make the Dutch euros squad 

Olmo I think the ship has sailed, a PL team should have got him before the leipzig move

Would love kamara and giouri

Â