Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

• 3 weeks later...

Would love us to sign Sarr.

First half on the break he looked up and saw Dennis and it was perfect pass . And good cross for the goal.

He's as one man to their relegation battle as Grealish was to us when you look at their results this season when't he's played.

Been at Watford 3 years so presume he hasn't got long left and if we're going to spunk 30-40m on more domestic options it feels logical as we never seem to sign wide players who can really stretch the pitch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Olivier Giroud, definitely a player that has improved with age. I do wonder how close we were to signing him in 2020, I dont think our survival would have been so nerve wrecking

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Olivier Giroud, definitely a player that has improved with age. I do wonder how close we were to signing him in 2020, I dont think our survival would have been so nerve wrecking

Hes ok I wouldnt want him at Villa though. 

19 hours ago, Zatman said:

He confirmed in his book out a few months ago we came in for him at some stage in Jan 2020 (I assume before we signed Samatta and that random Spanish guy). From what I remember he did say he was interested as he just wanted to play somewhere before the scheduled euros that summer (think he mentioned Spurs were also interested) but in the end stayed at Chelsea and got more starts the rest of the season.

N'zonzi was all but done aswell but for some reason DS had it in his mind Drinkwater was going to be our midfield saviour and pushed for that signing instead.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

N'zonzi was all but done aswell but for some reason DS had it in his mind Drinkwater was going to be our midfield saviour and pushed for that signing instead.

The ony time I wanted rid of Smith was when he brought in Drinkwater and then wouldn't drop him even though he was clearly miles off it. I still think him headbutting Jota or whatever it was he did on the training ground was probably necessary for staying up that season, because we weren't winning those games at the end if he played.

I don't know how good N'Zonzi is these days but there's no way in the world he could possibly not have been a much better signing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Benzema. Had an argument with my brother and it probably is an unpopular opinion to be fair, but I think both he and Kane are as good if not better than Lewandowski.

Kane isnt in there league. Benzema would be slightly behind Lewandowski and probably in the bracket of Haaland and Vlahovic though them 2 will rapidly improve in the coming years 

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Benzema. Had an argument with my brother and it probably is an unpopular opinion to be fair, but I think both he and Kane are as good if not better than Lewandowski.

I would still have Lewandowski no.1 but allround Benzema who just seems to get better with age. Kane is very underrated by fans in this country.  He too is right up there. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â