Players that you think are Good/Excellent

FrenchVillaLova

On 10/03/2022 at 16:36, PaulC said:

I would still have Lewandowski no.1 but allround Benzema who just seems to get better with age. Kane is very underrated by fans in this country.  He too is right up there. 

Just missing a Norwegian 😉

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Think Joachim Andersen is one of the best CBs in the league below top 4.

Liked what I saw of him at Fulham aswell.

another in the list of players Lyon fans thought were shit. Starting to think they are clueless

• Haha 1

Guess it's because he always turns up v us but I've never thought Son gets the credit he deserves in the wider football world.

I know he's never won anything (probably the reason why) but I'd say from Asia he's reached the highest level of any footballer from those parts given Nakata retired at about 30 and Park Ji Sung had 2-3 good seasons at Man. United before fading and then flopping at QPR.

Way he took that hat trick was effortless, two nice strikes from edge of the box and sort of player I never think will miss a one on one so bit of a contrast to the guys we have upfront.

He probably should've moved on from Spurs by now but guess he's the sort who likes being a big player at reasonable sized club although I think he'd start for many of the top CL clubs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Guess it's because he always turns up v us but I've never thought Son gets the credit he deserves in the wider football world.

I know he's never won anything (probably the reason why) but I'd say from Asia he's reached the highest level of any footballer from those parts given Nakata retired at about 30 and Park Ji Sung had 2-3 good seasons at Man. United before fading and then flopping at QPR.

Way he took that hat trick was effortless, two nice strikes from edge of the box and sort of player I never think will miss a one on one so bit of a contrast to the guys we have upfront.

He probably should've moved on from Spurs by now but guess he's the sort who likes being a big player at reasonable sized club although I think he'd start for many of the top CL clubs.

I’d have him over Kane every day of the week tbh

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

The 2018 Asian Games! (Which famously meant he - and the whole rest of the squad - were exempted from military service).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Great player and seems like a decent bloke as well. Good to have around for the culture/atmosphere of the club 

Great player but he seems like a prick. He dives a lot and all the crying makes the referees thinks he is a nice guy

• 1 month later...

Nick Pope's quality isn't he?

Not just us he plays great against every season as he did a similar save to that Traore header v West Ham last minute a few weeks back.

Think with the goal it was one of those that was a bit too close to him but fantastic handling all night and didn't come rushing out when Ings had that chance right at the end.

Probably someone who should have more England caps but seems he suffers from not being able to hit 60 yard inch perfect balls straight on Ashley Barnes chest.

He’s certainly playing well now. I felt a lot of the saved he made tonight looked good but they were ones you’d expect him to make. Maybe Bertie’s header was the best of the bunch but even that was kinda straight at him.   He’s probably on the plane to Qatar with Pickford and Ramsdale but will he start? Pickford has always done well in an England shirt and Pope isn’t that much better that he needs to start. 

As an aside, I think Dean Henderson might need a move.  Being on the bench at Man Utd is crippling him. 

26 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Pope is a way better keeper than Pickford. 

One of the best keeping performances I've ever seen from an English keeper was Alex Mccarthy vs Liverpool about 8 years ago. Absolutely incredible saves

For the older bods, Peter Shilton’s performance at Villa Park the year they won the league was mesmerising, how on earth he kept one effort out from Dennis i Will never knowing 

Pope is the best shot stopper out of the three England candidates and probably makes the least silly mistakes. But at Burnley he’s never really been able to develop playing with his feet.

I hope Ramsdale gets to play in the World Cup. The pressure on an England keeper in a big tournament is insane, and when he inevitably makes mistakes it could crush him.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â