Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

He was absolutely atrocious today.  Like the ball is a stranger he's  never met before. 

This is exactly how it is. Staggering to think he has played at the standard he has and amassed so many international caps. Guess he's lucky Iceland has such a small population. Simply a terrible footballer who is absolutely clueless. It's like he has no chemistry or rhythm with the ball and he's always slower than the actual tempo.

None of these things are new and he should be nowhere near the first 11.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely surprised we are not trying to ship him out.  We didn't pay much for him and as he was signed after the money ran out his wages can't be huge. 

We should be looking to sell him and bring in a John McGinn Mk2 for similar money. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I actually think Birkir probably has a good footballing brain but clearly doesn’t have any technical ability to back it up with. Which is the exact opposite of Hourihane who has good technical ability but doesn’t have a brain! 

He must do because he spend 97% of the game telling everyone what to do and pointing.

35 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

I actually think Birkir probably has a good footballing brain but clearly doesn’t have any technical ability to back it up with. Which is the exact opposite of Hourihane who has good technical ability but doesn’t have a brain! 

I think so too, Birkir is not stupid. But both of them are gash.

Edited by AVTuco

In an elite group of maybe 10 or so current players at the club to be one of the worst players to ever put on a Villa jersey :D

Honestly thou, just like far to many others he is not offering anything more than a set of functioning legs.

which is still more than some, but not enough.

I thought he was good today.

It was him that was bringing us forward for large parts of the game and him that was chasing down Hull players. For me if we were looking to drop one of today's midfield to make way for Grealish or Lansbury, it wouldn't be him, it'd be the one with 14 on his back.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm genuinely surprised we are not trying to ship him out.  We didn't pay much for him and as he was signed after the money ran out his wages can't be huge. 

We should be looking to sell him and bring in a John McGinn Mk2 for similar money. 

And we all know how hard it is signing a John McGinn type player for the money we paid for him! Easy, it is not.

21 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was him that was bringing us forward for large parts of the game and him that was chasing down Hull players. For me if we were looking to drop one of today's midfield to make way for Grealish or Lansbury, it wouldn't be him, it'd be the one with 14 on his back.

I think I'd rather give Kalinic a stint in midfield than keep BB there. 

He was appalling today.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agreed, sort of. 

I'm his biggest critic but today he put in a shift, chased down players and tried to br positive in attack, it was one of his better games for us. The trouble is that his best is still nowhere near good enough at this level. 

Agree with your last point, he is ahead of Hourihane for me, though I think that says more about Hourihane than BB. 

Just now, av1 said:

Agreed, sort of. 

I'm his biggest critic but today he put in a shift, chased down players and tried to br positive in attack, it was one of his better games for us. The trouble is that his best is still nowhere near good enough at this level. 

Agree with your last point, he is ahead of Hourihane for me, though I think that says more about Hourihane than BB. 

At least Hourihane gets his goals and assists, Bjarnason does nothing. Not a thing.

Â