Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Just noticed his name in another thread - he’s still in the squad, right? Not mentioned on here in a couple of months poor lad.

Yeah still part of the remaining squad.

15 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Was just thinking about him and Lansbury this morning. Thyve kind of gone under the radar in discussions of the squad

its going to be an interesting season for them, i mean if we dont buy any new MC's, Hourihane, Lansbury and Thor are the "backup" to Grealish and McGinn?

With the positions we need to fill and the cost associated with all those positions, i can honestly see those 3 being the backup for our 2 x MC positions.

Maybe Jota could play in the Grealish role?, dunno tbh, but regardless they arent a million miles away from the starting 11, would prob put it Hourihane > Lansbury > Thor if they needed to replace?

29 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Was just thinking about him and Lansbury this morning. Thyve kind of gone under the radar in discussions of the squad

Because 1 is shit and the other is made of glass. 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

Because 1 is shit and the other is made of glass. 

Interesting that neither has had any speculation of moving though

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

That’ll be because one is shit and the other is made of glass...😎

So as things stand they will still be part of our squad

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

True, as things stand. Plenty of time for that to change though. 

But one is shit and the other is made of glass

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

its going to be an interesting season for them, i mean if we dont buy any new MC's, Hourihane, Lansbury and Thor are the "backup" to Grealish and McGinn?

With the positions we need to fill and the cost associated with all those positions, i can honestly see those 3 being the backup for our 2 x MC positions.

Maybe Jota could play in the Grealish role?, dunno tbh, but regardless they arent a million miles away from the starting 11, would prob put it Hourihane > Lansbury > Thor if they needed to replace?

Jota was a number 10 at Brentford, I'd say he's more effective there than out wide so can certainly see him playing when Jack is unavailable. I do actually think Lansbury may be kept as cover as he seems to be a type DS likes although don't really see him being that great at prem level.

Really can't see Bjarni staying, he didn't make 18 for any of the play off games. We will surely sign another two midfielders so we'll sell him to european club for low fee imo.

On 27/06/2019 at 20:11, Junxs said:

So as things stand they will still be part of our squad

They’ll do as part of the squad. I don’t rate Birkir and Lansbury is a Sick Note, But we can’t get rid of everyone in one go, and if Ashley Westwood can play in the Premier League these guys can be part of a back up squad.

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

They’ll do as part of the squad. I don’t rate Birkir and Lansbury is a Sick Note, But we can’t get rid of everyone in one go, and if Ashley Westwood can play in the Premier League these guys can be part of a back up squad.

Yeah. Westwood gives me faith that lansbury, if fit, can play a part for us in this league.

Can't imagine Lansbury or Bjarnason being a regular in any Premier league side, let alone being their fans' and players' player of the season.

Large

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

Â