Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

Most classic 'Bjarnason moment' was putting a bad corner into the box in injury time, then receiving the ball back and crossing, failing to beat the first man, before receiving the ball back and crossing again and failing to beat the first man again

I thought he was pants, and not just for that sequence. 

• Like 3

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Most classic 'Bjarnason moment' was putting a bad corner into the box in injury time, then receiving the ball back and crossing, failing to beat the first man, before receiving the ball back and crossing again and failing to beat the first man again

I thought he was pants, and not just for that sequence. 

I think I counted that he gave the ball away three times in as many minutes in the second half. He's absolutely gash. Playing him because he isn't Whelan and 'can run' is absolutely the wrong idea. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Just the 88% pass completion. 

Right. As I have said in numerous other threads, I thought the midfield three were very poor. Some passing astray, getting caught out numerous times- first goal was a clear indication of this although was a fair strike.

Got no particular dislike of Birkir and think he could still be useful for us but he needs to be a lot better than he showed against QPR. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I think I counted that he gave the ball away three times in as many minutes in the second half. He's absolutely gash. Playing him because he isn't Whelan and 'can run' is absolutely the wrong idea. 

I still haven't identified a type of game where I think 'yes, this is one for Bjarnason to have a go'. 

• Like 3

Ironically I think he does a lot of short easy passing that people complain about other players doing. There seems to be a myth that Bjarnason will pick out threaded through balls and set up chances. I'm yet to see him do that to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s not very good is he! 

Shows how poor the standard is at international level. Right now he looks out of his depth at championship level. Game is too quick for him, constantly a yard away from getting a good challenge in, slow and clunky in possession. He’s a clogger and nothing else. League One is full of them. 

• Like 2

Â