Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm constantly astonished how much love he gets from the masses on FB that think he's a quality DM

I feel like I'm watching different games

I think given a solid run of games we would see why he is a decent player at this level.

Bit parts here and there have not done him any good and nor will it do him any good being played that way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think given a solid run of games we would see why he is a decent player at this level.

Bit parts here and there have not done him any good and nor will it do him any good being played that way.

Why is the answer always a decent run of games? McGinn didn't need a decent run of games.  A good player will look good whenever unless coming back from a long injury lay off.

Barney is barely adequate at this level.  He will put in the odd good game but mainly be very average with the odd stinker thrown in. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why is the answer always a decent run of games? McGinn didn't need a decent run of games.  A good player will look good whenever unless coming back from a long injury lay off.

Barney is barely adequate at this level.  He will put in the odd good game but mainly be very average with the odd stinker thrown in. 

The answer is that so he can be properly judged after playing full matches.

If he is only thrown the odd game here and there then all there is to judge is.. "Well, he played shit in that 20 minute spell didn't he".

Hopefully we don't scout the same way based on bit part roles.

i.e Taylor having a solid 10 minute gane for Wales.  "He looked good when coming on in the 76th minute. Let's sign him up"

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

On 13/01/2019 at 01:37, USA_Villa said:

Honestly, he should never ever play for Villa again. I said it two weeks ago, he is lazy, slow and is just not sharp enough to play the fast paced game that Dean wants. 

He wasn't fast or sharp enough to play the type of game SB wanted, let alone DS. Nowhere near good enough at this level 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

This.

If he was any good then he'd get a run of games.

He's shit. That's why he only plays a bit part.

• Like 3

He just falls in to that large pool of players over the years of...." exactly what affect does he have on a game" " how exactly does he effect a game"

He is not on his own, but that doesn't really help does it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

He just falls in to that large pool of players over the years of...." exactly what affect does he have on a game" " how exactly does he effect a game"

You need to swap affect and effect in that sentence. 

/pedant 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You need to swap affect and effect in that sentence. 

/pedant 

correct...but I feel totally affected now.😀

but my script writer, says thanks for reading it anyway.lol

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, TRO said:

He is not on his own, but that doesn't really help does it?

"He's quicker than Whelan" seems to be the best argument for him.
I'd sell him for a bag of quavers tbfh.

• Haha 2

On 16/01/2019 at 01:24, Kiwivillan said:

I'm constantly astonished how much love he gets from the masses on FB that think he's a quality DM

I feel like I'm watching different games

Mate for your own sanity just stay away from those Facebook groups :thumb:

When you can barely get a game in a midfield that contains Glenn Whelan and Conor Hourihane it's probably time to think about a career change. 

19 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

What is his best position? For iceland he plays left mid and does alright for them. Last season he play DM with Conor and did okay. 

His role with Iceland is "LM" but it's basically cover the fullback, cover the central midfield areas and cover the centre backs if possible. He is not expected or asked to do anything more than that. That's why he does well for Iceland, he can run a lot in games where they do not want the ball and do everything they can to ensure the opposition have the ball.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He would 100% be better at LB than Taylor.

He can slot in there if we get a DM in before a LB.

To be fair he's played there for us before and he was horrendous.

• Like 2

Â