Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

image.png.754ab8e5f8db42cf22bd2643e76fa123.png

And to go along with his dreadful passing accuracy, failure to control a moving ball and getting dispossessed he will then grab at his man and tumble to the floor giving away a free kick. Two in quick succession today. Genuinely think without a hint of sarcasm he is a League One player at best. If he wasn't bad today then I'd hate to see him when he was.

57 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he was good today.

It was him that was bringing us forward for large parts of the game and him that was chasing down Hull players. For me if we were looking to drop one of today's midfield to make way for Grealish or Lansbury, it wouldn't be him, it'd be the one with 14 on his back.

I agree he was better than Hourihane today but only just. 

It's like being asked if you would rather drink a bucket of puke or piss. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

At least Hourihane gets his goals and assists, Bjarnason does nothing. Not a thing.

Counteracted by goals conceded due to his laziness. I'd rather have BB than Hourihane. 

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s not every good is he? He runs a lot but unfortunately it doesn’t mask that’s his not good enough.

He  wouldn’t play if Lansbury and Grealish is fit.Unfortunately they aren’t and there’s no other option. 

Well there is Glenn Whelan but he’s shite too. 

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought he was good today.

It was him that was bringing us forward for large parts of the game and him that was chasing down Hull players. For me if we were looking to drop one of today's midfield to make way for Grealish or Lansbury, it wouldn't be him, it'd be the one with 14 on his back.

Thats like who's worse Fred West or Jack the Ripper.

.....They were both awful.

average Hull players showed them what urgency, intensity and workrate was all about.

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

Thats like who's worse Fred West or Jack the Ripper.

.....They were both awful.

average Hull players showed them what urgency, intensity and workrate was all about.

Id probably say fred was worse than ripper, purely based on the fact fred murdered his daughter. agree though, theres no excuse for not matching urgency and workrate thats a given in my eyes

Utterly dreadful today, our U23's must be so bad if they aren't any better than Bjarnasson.

If we can get a midfielder in this week and he can replace Birkir next Saturday it would make such a massive difference to this team. The same could be said for Hourihane but at least his stats came out half decent today and he gives the team goals and assists. A passing average of 55% for a centre midfielder is shambolic.

He seems to have gone backwards this season and can't even do the basics right. I would rather see Doyle-Hayes be given a chance next week rather than have to sit through that type of performance again.

13 hours ago, av1 said:

Counteracted by goals conceded due to his laziness. I'd rather have BB than Hourihane. 

I see where you're coming from: Hourihane's contribution is net negative, so Birkir's zero contribution is a better choice. 😉

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I see where you're coming from: Hourihane's contribution is net negative, so Birkir's zero contribution is a better choice. 😉

Yep I'd go with that. I think ultimately both are crap, it's just a case of who you think is less crap. 

I'd probably go with BB at the moment. 

Just now, av1 said:

Yep I'd go with that. I think ultimately both are crap, it's just a case of who you think is less crap. 

I'd probably go with BB at the moment. 

I dislike Hourihane, but when we're unable to score, like we have been lately, I want to have at least hope that something would happen in our favor. BB doesn't give me that hope. Therefore, I'd go with Hourihane. With a heavy heart, admittedly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I dislike Hourihane, but when we're unable to score, like we have been lately, I want to have at least hope that something would happen in our favor. BB doesn't give me that hope. Therefore, I'd go with Hourihane. With a heavy heart, admittedly.

Everyone looks at it slightly differently, I guess what we can agree on is that when your choice is between Hourihane and BB then that particular area needs upgrading asap. 

16 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Utterly dreadful today, our U23's must be so bad if they aren't any better than Bjarnasson.

If we can get a midfielder in this week and he can replace Birkir next Saturday it would make such a massive difference to this team. The same could be said for Hourihane but at least his stats came out half decent today and he gives the team goals and assists. A passing average of 55% for a centre midfielder is shambolic.

He seems to have gone backwards this season and can't even do the basics right. I would rather see Doyle-Hayes be given a chance next week rather than have to sit through that type of performance again.

Problem we have is that the midfielders we are playing in the DM role are not suitable to that role.....and the ones that are suitable,are too slow and generally not good enough.

it needs a structured rebuild.....not just more signings and more bodies.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

That is a feature of our problem.....players who are good at somethings but not at others.......not complete enough....not rounded enough.

Its an enigma to pick the best team out of this squad, such is the gaps in individual attibutes these players have.

19 hours ago, Avcol said:

And to go along with his dreadful passing accuracy, failure to control a moving ball and getting dispossessed he will then grab at his man and tumble to the floor giving away a free kick. Two in quick succession today. Genuinely think without a hint of sarcasm he is a League One player at best. If he wasn't bad today then I'd hate to see him when he was.

Umm.  Both of those were very good professional fouls to stop potential break away situation.  He didn’t play especially well but those two free kicks you’re beating him withwere in the defensive third and stopped counter attacks that were shaping up.  

Â