Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno, I can see him being a bit of an Adomah and bounce around promotion chasing teams but then being deemed not good enough for the PL, wouldn't be surprised if he had another couple of playoff berths 

They've lost their last two but Barnsley were 7th on new years day (I think). It wasnt like he was unhappy there and I wonder if he still has ties. I cant see the likes of Watford, Brentford or Bournemouth going after him.

• Like 1

Wish him all the best if he does move on. He's got plenty to offer and will stand out in the right team. No doubt his left peg will be scoring more fantastic goals soon! He's certainly played his part in our journey back to the prem. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ramsey and Nakamba are ahead of him now in pecking order as indicated by them starting v Wolves and Burnley last months?

No players? We have a thin squad compared to most in top half but come on 3-4 of them did well coming in last month and we'll be much stronger in midfield area once Trez and Barkley are fit again.

Swansea looking good for top 2 so I suspect they'll get him with option to buy if they go up for 4-5m.

Hourihane is a bench mainstay atm and I reckon you'd see him coming on ahead of them if we were chasing a goal.

No players perhaps strong yeah, but I do think outside about ten players there's a big drop off in quality. It's understandable, we were in the championship two seasons ago.

However, not having any decent subs to come on will catch up with us. There's a reason McGinn and Luiz and Jack and Watkins and Cash and Targett are having to stay on 90 mins even when it's clear their legs are getting heavy. Fingers crossed we can keep getting results using the low number of players we have. And here's to the squaddies like El Ghazi and Hause impressing in their limited minutes.

His Villa legacy will be a strong one. Top professional, great teammate, promotion winning player, set piece wizard. Handsome fella, too. He will do well for Swansea or whoever gets him.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rodders said:

£12m :D   - may I suggest £2-3m. He's proven at championship level, not really at PL level though he could be useful for lower sides. He's also 30 and not much left on his contract. Re-coup what we paid and I'd be happy enough

2-3m 😂

He's a full Ireland international, aged 29 - still has 4 or 5 years in him. 

You're all acting like he's 36

Why do we always undervalue our players?

Probably would have got relegated if not for his contribution after lockdown. 

One of the sweetest left foots in the premier league and he's only worth 2m? .. good joke!

January is known for inflated prices as well, set pieces are really important for teams who struggle to create chances from open play. He could be a real coup for some of the teams in the bottom half of the premier league. Burnley, Newcastle, West Bromwich etc.. don't think he'll want to drop back down to the championship just yet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

One of the sweetest left foots in the premier league and he's only worth 2m? .. good joke!

He's not even worth that. We'll be lucky to get 500K for him given his contract is nearly up. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

He's not even worth that. We'll be lucky to get 500K for him given his contract is nearly up. 

I'm not having that. Conor is worth far more than that. He's not exactly ripping up trees, but he's plenty good enough for a championship team seeking promotion.

£5m, absolute minimum. I'd even scoff at that, honestly.

On 15/01/2021 at 15:46, Greenfly said:

To be fair, £30m is about the average price for a loaf of bread in Chelsea, isn't it?

The selfish part of me doesn't want to see Conor go - he's one of my overall favourite players in the last few years, constantly proving his haters wrong time and time again, so often delivering when we needed him the most.

The realistic side of me knows he deserves to play regular football though, and if he does go, he goes with my thanks for what he's done for the club. I'll watch the rest of his career with interest.

I don't think he has haters in the fanbase, just folk who think we can do better in terms of an overall midfielder.

I don't think he is physically or mentally equipped to be involved in a dogged performance....Conor is a sunshine player ( hope I am not being harsh, not meant to be) he is ok and easy on the eye, when we are in the ascendency.

He easily lets the game go past him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Junxs said:

Wheres this talk of free transfer come from over the last few pages?

He was instrumental in our promotion and again in keeping us up, was involved in nearly every goal we scored after project restart!

He would be the most productive player at somewhere like Newcastle or West Brom. Definitely still a premier league player, just doesnt suit our style anymore as we are fast paced now. He doesnt suit the AM role because he's not fast or tricky enough, or the DM role as he's not fast or good at tackling. What he's excellent at is shooting and free kicks whilst good at keeping possession and rotating the ball. 

12m would be a fair price I think.

if we got 12m I would bare my **** in the Co-op window.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, turvontour said:

I think he'll go to a mid table championship team like Blackburn or Barnsley for a couple of million.

No championship sides have any money at all - they've all had to be bailed out because of Covid. So even if a club sells a player and then has some money, they'll need that money to meet losses - we forget that below the Prep, gate money is much more a part of income, and no one has any or will do for the foreseeable future - all the clubs are fighting to just stay afloat.

The only way I see anyone leaving to the championship is on loan, with Villa playing part of their wages.

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

2-3m 😂

He's a full Ireland international, aged 29 - still has 4 or 5 years in him. 

You're all acting like he's 36

Probably would have got relegated if not for his contribution after lockdown. 

January is known for inflated prices as well, set pieces are really important for teams who struggle to create chances from open play. He could be a real coup for some of the teams in the bottom half of the premier league. Burnley, Newcastle, West Bromwich etc.. don't think he'll want to drop back down to the championship just yet.

Yes but there is a pandemic going on and nobody is spending big, We paid 1.5m for him I cant see us getting more than £5m for him dont think he is on massive wages but his wages are still going to be high for a championship club 

Â