Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Drinkwater is still available? 

He cost Chelsea £30 million. If that is what Barkley is worth then I think we could have a bargain.

To be fair, £30m is about the average price for a loaf of bread in Chelsea, isn't it?

The selfish part of me doesn't want to see Conor go - he's one of my overall favourite players in the last few years, constantly proving his haters wrong time and time again, so often delivering when we needed him the most.

The realistic side of me knows he deserves to play regular football though, and if he does go, he goes with my thanks for what he's done for the club. I'll watch the rest of his career with interest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Swansea would obviously be a really good move for him but like others I worry a bit about cover. We are relying heavily on McGinn & Luiz at the moment and they are doing a great job. Just a bit worried about who comes in if one or both gets injured/suspended.

Ramsay. Chukwuemeka.

46 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

But you might have to rely on someone. Couple of players out with covid, couple of injuries and you're into the second string. I'd have him in over Nakamba.

In a defensive role? Absolutely not.

• Like 2

Wheres this talk of free transfer come from over the last few pages?

He was instrumental in our promotion and again in keeping us up, was involved in nearly every goal we scored after project restart!

He would be the most productive player at somewhere like Newcastle or West Brom. Definitely still a premier league player, just doesnt suit our style anymore as we are fast paced now. He doesnt suit the AM role because he's not fast or tricky enough, or the DM role as he's not fast or good at tackling. What he's excellent at is shooting and free kicks whilst good at keeping possession and rotating the ball. 

12m would be a fair price I think.

On 15/01/2021 at 16:44, Tomaszk said:

Be surprised if he was to leave. We don't have any players.

He needs to go to a side that's on top in games, Celtic he'd be ideal.

Ramsey and Nakamba are ahead of him now in pecking order as indicated by them starting v Wolves and Burnley last months?

No players? We have a thin squad compared to most in top half but come on 3-4 of them did well coming in last month and we'll be much stronger in midfield area once Trez and Barkley are fit again.

Swansea looking good for top 2 so I suspect they'll get him with option to buy if they go up for 4-5m.

Just now, barry'sboots said:

If we got 12m for CH I would be amazed ... and overjoyed!!!

Why?

If we were in the market for a player like that, don't you think we'd be getting quoted 20m by the likes of Brentford?

The only reason I think 12m and not higher is because he doesn't have that long left on his contract and is near 30, like I said earlier, played a huge part in our promotion and was involved in nearly every goal we scored after lockdown. 

He's not spectacular but a solid premier league player.

I think if we got 6/7 million it would be brilliant business all around, he has 18 months left on his deal and is approaching 30. Would also be a rare bit of good business by the previous regime, 2 million and we got great service and value for money. He will leave with the blessing of the fans as he scored some very valuable goals for us

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Why?

If we were in the market for a player like that, don't you think we'd be getting quoted 20m by the likes of Brentford?

The only reason I think 12m and not higher is because he doesn't have that long left on his contract and is near 30, like I said earlier, played a huge part in our promotion and was involved in nearly every goal we scored after lockdown. 

He's not spectacular but a solid premier league player.

We're not trying to buy Brentford 29 year old 4th choice midfielder and not really weakening them in the process 

Depends on the market for him too, doubt there would be several teams after him driving the price up

Around £8m to a PL team, cheaper if he drops in to the CL or the northern pub league (where he'd be great) 

• Like 1

£12m :D   - may I suggest £2-3m. He's proven at championship level, not really at PL level though he could be useful for lower sides. He's also 30 and not much left on his contract. Re-coup what we paid and I'd be happy enough

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We're not trying to buy Brentford 29 year old 4th choice midfielder and not really weakening them in the process 

Depends on the market for him too, doubt there would be several teams after him driving the price up

Around £8m to a PL team, cheaper if he drops in to the CL or the northern pub league (where he'd be great) 

I think he'll go to a mid table championship team like Blackburn or Barnsley for a couple of million.

Edited by turvontour

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I think he'll go to a mid table championship team like Blackburn or Barnsley for a couple of million.

Dunno, I can see him being a bit of an Adomah and bounce around promotion chasing teams but then being deemed not good enough for the PL, wouldn't be surprised if he had another couple of playoff berths 

Â