Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

His value will never be as high as it is now. £6m - £8m won't be a game changer to us but it is smart business which we now need to do regular.

We actually look to be in a solid position where we can start to blood some youngsters. We aren't chasing promo or fighting relegation this year.

I thought Conor played well in the opening games.

If he had a run of 4-5 bad games then i would understand the criticism, but he's done nothing wrong this season.

West Ham could be a good game for him. His runs inside the box and set piece delivery can become a big asset.

• Like 1

He's useful on the sub's bench if you are chasing a game - because he is a goal threat - but he is too lightweight and not dynamic enough to be relied upon as a starter for my liking.  I would probably have Ramsey ahead of him and I've hardly seen the kid play!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

He's useful on the sub's bench if you are chasing a game - because he is a goal threat - but he is too lightweight and not dynamic enough to be relied upon as a starter for my liking.  I would probably have Ramsey ahead of him and I've hardly seen the kid play!

This!

Even watching when England vs ROI I forgot he was even playing for ROI, that’s how non-existent he is in games.  He’s not a starter for any game strategy we may have unless an early round cup game because his ability at set pieces in the PL doesn’t in any way make up for his open play game these days, which is a real shame because I like Conor.

And some wanted him to start games, he’s a dreadful midfielder that is at best championship level, never a premier league player, again goes missing in the game one free kick and that’s your lot from him tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

So then, good at set pieces but pretty cack in a lot of important areas for a CM. Same old same old. 

Yup.  His set pieces are generally very good, in fairness.  But everything else.... meh.

Every single time it blows my mind when I see people wanting him to start. It's hilarious really. 

The bloke is utter shit and always will be. Offering a decent set piece isn't worth basically playing with 10 men ffs. How many times does he need to be shit for people to finally realise? 

• Like 3

Â